635 front bumper replacement rubber

Post in this forum for topics relating to the exterior. This includes body, windows, and accessories

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

sean wicks

635 front bumper replacement rubber

Post by sean wicks »

hello all!!!! i need to change my front bumper rubber all 3 piecies. is there any differerance between the euro speck one and the us one . as i have noticed a line going across the us speck one. i have a 1986 car.thanks
Attachments
76_1_b.jpg
Last edited by sean wicks on Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
horsetan

Post by horsetan »

I seem to remember that the central part of the US-spec one has a smaller space for the licence plate.....
UKDaveJ

Post by UKDaveJ »

horsetan wrote:I seem to remember that the central part of the US-spec one has a smaller space for the licence plate.....
...& euro ones are a bit of a fiddle to fit eh Horsetan.... :lol: :wink: :roll:
sean wicks

Post by sean wicks »

i also need the chrome corner sections.any ideas where to get them.dont say main dealer......
UKDaveJ

Post by UKDaveJ »

sean wicks wrote:i also need the chrome corner sections.any ideas where to get them.dont say main dealer......
You'll be lucky to find them anywhere else in as new condition.

Have you tried fritsbitz down in Somerset?

I need a front one for my 84 635.....!

D
sharkfan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by sharkfan »

I got spanking new chromes about six months ago from Motormec......

lovely they are, and fitted without taking off the bumper :D
UKDaveJ

A shining example!

Post by UKDaveJ »

sharkfan wrote:I got spanking new chromes about six months ago from Motormec......

lovely they are, and fitted without taking off the bumper :D
How much if you don't mind 'an all that mate?

Did you just get ends?

D :D
sharkfan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by sharkfan »

Just ends and 42 quid each - I got the fittings, both for the chrome and the rubber from the stealer for pennies - but get plenty of fittings - assume all the ones you take off will be junked.

Sharkfan
UKDaveJ

Post by UKDaveJ »

sharkfan wrote:Just ends and 42 quid each - I got the fittings, both for the chrome and the rubber from the stealer for pennies - but get plenty of fittings - assume all the ones you take off will be junked.

Sharkfan
That seems remarkably good value!

Right, add those to the list of things to order!

Cheers,

Dave :D
sean wicks

Post by sean wicks »

thanks guys for my bumper rubbers and chrome corners its going to be 250.00gbp :cry: from motormec
sharkfan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by sharkfan »

Don't be too :( , it'll look great when it's done 8) and besides 250 GBP is just the first drop in the ocean - we're nearly all in for way more than that :cry: :twisted: :D :shock: :roll:

Insanity and a 6 have similar price structures :shock:

Sharkfan
UKDaveJ

Post by UKDaveJ »

sharkfan wrote:Don't be too :( , it'll look great when it's done 8) and besides 250 GBP is just the first drop in the ocean - we're nearly all in for way more than that :cry: :twisted: :D :shock: :roll:

Insanity and a 6 have similar price structures :shock:

Sharkfan
Tis true!!

Thats why we are ALL barking mad!

WOOF! :P :lol:

D :roll:
sean wicks

Post by sean wicks »

thanks sharkfan im learning about these cars i suppose to get your car tip top you have to do these things... but dont tell the wife!!!!LOL after buying the car ,refurbing the wheels,a full respray. still in body shop.just the front bumper to sort out.then its little bits and bobs. i think my car will be sweet.i hope . :shock: