Screwdriver colour

Post in this forum for topics relating to the exterior. This includes body, windows, and accessories

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

ron
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by ron »

Brucey wrote:if you remove each of the blanking plugs and there is a white hexagon in there already on each of the four window motors then you don't need the white doodad. On the rear motors the hexagon is recessed back about 4" or so, on the fronts it is right in your face once the plug is out.

cheers
I have never seen a UK car that didn't have the white hexagon already fitted both front and rear.

viewtopic.php?t=22305&highlight=manual+window+operation
They are ALWAYS rustier than you thought!!!!!!
'85 M #228
'87 M #367
'88 High line.
'10 X5
‘84 Alfasud 1.5 ti
Brucey
6 Series Guru
6 Series Guru

Post by Brucey »

ron wrote:
Brucey wrote:if you remove each of the blanking plugs and there is a white hexagon in there already on each of the four window motors then you don't need the white doodad. On the rear motors the hexagon is recessed back about 4" or so, on the fronts it is right in your face once the plug is out.

cheers
I have never seen a UK car that didn't have the white hexagon already fitted both front and rear.

viewtopic.php?t=22305&highlight=manual+window+operation
you've not looked at mine then!

cheers
~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
hornhospital
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by hornhospital »

ron wrote: Have you backed off the big hex. nut?
Yes. Made no difference. The cables and tubes are a solid mass of rust. Nothing moves.
Ken Kanne
'84 633CSi "Sylvia"; '85 635CSi "Katja";'85 325e "Hazel Ann"; '95 M3 "Ashlyn"
Pod
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Pod »

hornhospital wrote:
ron wrote: Have you backed off the big hex. nut?
Yes. Made no difference. The cables and tubes are a solid mass of rust. Nothing moves.
Looks like its time for some replacement work then! Have you had corrosion problems with the sunroof surround as well?
dm635

Post by dm635 »

I haven't seen this mentioned over the years. But since getting into Beemer airhead motorcycles some of the tool kits will come with the small red reversible screw driver. You can sometimes find the whole tool kit for less than what you'd pay for a single screw driver. Not all have the red, but they're out there.
Past:
84-318i, 85-318i, 85-635 CSi, 86-635 CSi

Current:
87-635 CSi