best car cover for outside use?

Post in this forum for topics relating to the exterior. This includes body, windows, and accessories

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

87Shark

best car cover for outside use?

Post by 87Shark »

OK guys and gals, need some help making an informed decision. I need to purchase an outdoor use car cover for my L6. She is now in a covered parking place at my home, but would like to give some added protection I.E. dust, wind, neighborhood cats, etc. Ideas, opinions, advice, all are welcome. BTW, its playing with temps around 110+ here in AZ, so want to get her a good one. Thanks in advance. ](*,)
RossDinan6

Post by RossDinan6 »

On my second Noah cover from Griots. Just replaced the original purchased back in 03 ish. Granted it is an outdoor cover mostly used in the garage. Great fit and good protection. ymmv.

Ross
RossDinan6

Post by RossDinan6 »

NM. DP
sansouci
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by sansouci »

I've got a NOAH from Covercraft via BavAuto on my E32. Truly outside in the NY winters and summers. For at least 2 years. It does get a little green on the shaded side and I haven't tried to wash it. Best thought on that is to drag it into the swimming pool. I use a heavy rope around the front just above the rear view mirrors and then through a loop that is outside one of the grommets and around the back over the trunk under the p/s rear tire and back up to the p/s rear view mirror. That way it doesn't flap in the breeze.
There must be some serious price controls as I cant find it for less than $225.

--Ken
Sansouci
84 E24 633Csi Auto, Bronzit/PearlBeige 6997510
93 E32 740il M60 Auto, Alpenweis/Ultramarine
60 528i M30 5-speed Green/Beige (crushed)
71 240Z 4-speed White/Blue (rusty & sold)
65 396 Chevelle 4-speed, Marina Blue/Black (stolen)
Da_Hose
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Da_Hose »

If you are under a car port and won't be getting tons of direct rain, then buy a Budge brand cover. They are really good for the money and the Duro comes with a 5 year warranty.

http://www.amazon.com/Budge-Cover-Sedan ... +car+cover

Even the best covers don't last more than 5 or 6 years in true outdoor, full sun usage. If the Budge goes south in less than the 5 year warranty, USPS it in an envelope and get a new one. You can't beat the price, they are soft on your finish and come in a bunch of different sizes. If you are worried about rain, then get the Rain or Max version. Cost is still less than $90 and both those come with 10 year warranties. I have a Duro, but am thinking of getting the Rain or Max because I have to park outside for now.

Jose
1987 M6 - My dream car