Repaired my windshield washers with a pump from NAPA

Post in this forum for topics relating to the exterior. This includes body, windows, and accessories

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

dwcains

Repaired my windshield washers with a pump from NAPA

Post by dwcains »

When I bought my car it had only the intensive washer system intact, but none of the parts for the regular washers. Roger Hanley kindly sent me an extra reservoir he had, but it didn't have a pump attached. The pump was NLA from BMW, so I searched the NAPA listings and found one for $18 I thought was adaptable:

I had to cut a small notch in the existing pump bracket, enlarge the 4 rivet holes already there, and make a small loop of tubing to block the extra 2 reservoir fittings (which helped to prime the OEM pump). Pump is fastened in place with a pair of zip ties.

Works great, but I still need to find a few check valves for the system. I should also mention I initially bought a pair of new pumps on eBay for $13 shipped, and they were junk. They looked the same as the Balkamp pump I got from NAPA, but just didn't enough volume or pressure. The seller refunded me and told me not to even bother sending the pumps back. The Balkamp pump will also fit the intensive system, includes the sealing grommet, and has the proper electrical connection.
Dean
Lutz, FL

'85 635 CSi Euro #9402254
'87 Spider Veloce
'92 Spider Veloce
'08 350Z