Shiny new engine bay decals from Pukar Designs

Post in this forum for topics relating to the exterior. This includes body, windows, and accessories

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

dwcains

Shiny new engine bay decals from Pukar Designs

Post by dwcains »

Got my new engine bay decals from Pukar Designs yesterday. Sent my payment on Thursday and the arrived in FL from the UK on Tuesday, and they look great. I'll post some pics when they're installed, but here's what they look like as delivered:

Here's a link to the site: http://www.pukardesigns.com/#!store/c1ais
Dean
Lutz, FL

'85 635 CSi Euro #9402254
'87 Spider Veloce
'92 Spider Veloce
'08 350Z

dwcains

Re: Shiny new engine bay decals from Pukar Designs

Post by dwcains »

Installed pics below. I still need to do some plating on the brackets and hardware - bought a plating kit from Caswell.

Dean
Lutz, FL

'87 Spider Veloce
'92 Spider Veloce
'08 350Z

MSGGrunt

Post by MSGGrunt »

That is a very nice, clean engine compartment.

For those who have rear AC and need a sticker with the proper AC charge Pukar can make you one. I didn't see the 1675 one on his web site but, he was able to make me one after sending him a picture of mine. Very nice quality.
Attachments
AC Sticker 1.png
AC Sticker 1.png (402.43 KiB) Viewed 6398 times
dwcains

Post by dwcains »

Thanks, and I should also mention that the shopping cart on the site is the working. To order, send a PM to 'kos' and he'll take your order that way and tell you the PayPal total.
Dean
Lutz, FL

'87 Spider Veloce
'92 Spider Veloce
'08 350Z

GazM3

Post by GazM3 »

Very nice. Wonder if he has the specific m635 warining stickers.
BMW’s
84 E24 M635csi
90 E34 M5 3.6
94 E34 540i/6 SC E85
97 E36 M3 euro SC U/C
97 Z3 2.8 widebody

OTHERS
11 Audi S5 3.0 SC
19 VW Amarok V6
MSGGrunt

Post by MSGGrunt »

He can make almost anything if he doesn't have it. He made my AC sticker when I couldn't seem to find one with the correct pounds/fill for a car with the rear A/C. Just take a picture of what you want and send it to him and he will work his magic. And specify the exact size you want the sticker.

I ordered a "Genuine BMW Parts" sticker from an EBay vender out of Columbia and it was the wrong size, too large compared to what was on my 87 M6. I eventually found a NOS OEM sticker on Ebay and took a gamble on it. The NOS OEM sticker is made out of something different than vinyl. It is thicker and aluminum??? Not cheap but, it was the correct size and more closely matched the color of the original sticker. The EBay vender has other stickers as well if you are looking for something "period correct"

Funny how a small detail like a sticker can make or break a car, in my eyes anyway.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-E30-M3-E28- ... 210b9b538e
Attachments
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg (64.56 KiB) Viewed 6303 times
MSGGrunt

Post by MSGGrunt »

What decals were specific to the M cars?

And did ALL of the E24's, M6s included, originally have the three half moon stickers on the power steering reservoir? Mine are not there, presumably worn off over the years, and I'd like to add them but, only if they came on the car originally.
JCS

Post by JCS »

MSGGrunt wrote:What decals were specific to the M cars?

And did ALL of the E24's, M6s included, originally have the three half moon stickers on the power steering reservoir? Mine are not there, presumably worn off over the years, and I'd like to add them but, only if they came on the car originally.
Grunt,

They did come on your car, and the glue died years ago, as the ATF canister gets very hot.
Jay
'88 M6, Red/Tan
My NEW Website https://www.jaysbmwparts.com/
MSGGrunt

Post by MSGGrunt »

Ok, added to the list to buy. My M also doesn't have the high voltage warning sticker. Should it? Would it go under the Emissions sticker? I know they were sometimes not put in the exact same location on all the cars.
Attachments
Passenger's Side Paint Code.jpg
Passenger's Side Paint Code.jpg (156.4 KiB) Viewed 6271 times
francoid

Post by francoid »

Wonderful... Another to-do!

With respect to the rest of the engine bay, what black paint did you use? I need to redo several areas of mine (air filter box, shield above the windshield wipers, etc). Was starting to look into how to strip it and what to put on it. It seems I could benefit from your work :).

Thank you!
MSGGrunt

Post by MSGGrunt »

I wish there was a reference to what decals were put on specific vehicle and their placement. Would make restoration of our cars a bit less guess work. But, I have also heard that there may have been no set way and it was just how they were installed "that day" on the assembly line and it is clear that US cars were different from Canadian cars and I would bet UK cars are different than those that stayed in Germany or exported to other countries in Europe.

My car is a 1987 M6 (last picture) and is very clean and very original and it does not have the high voltage decal. I am not saying that it couldn't have been taken off by a previous owner or fallen but, I find this highly unlikely. I'd like to add it and I doubt doing so would take away from originality if mine never had one.
Attachments
12949736_4.jpg
12949736_4.jpg (71.05 KiB) Viewed 6243 times
Engine X2.jpg
Engine X2.jpg (198.19 KiB) Viewed 6243 times
DSCN3636.JPG
DSCN3636.JPG (253.28 KiB) Viewed 6243 times