Using dual filament bulbs in the tail lights

Post in this forum for topics relating to the exterior. This includes body, windows, and accessories

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Hakeem43020

Using dual filament bulbs in the tail lights

Post by Hakeem43020 »

Has anyone ever thought about using dual filament bulbs in the tail light? If one wanted to wire in 1157 bulbs would they just have to change the socket or would it be more complicated?
GRNSHRK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Using dual filament bulbs in the tail lights

Post by GRNSHRK »

Hakeem, talk to this guy, Andy, just posted in the "for sale" section =D>

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=29518
:mrgreen:
Bobbo
1980 633 CSi Cypress Green/Pearl Beige
2017 X5 M Sport Xdrive 35i Carbon Black/Ivory White
2005 330 Ci ZHP Cabrio Imola Red/Bone/Black
MisterFixit

Post by MisterFixit »

GRNSHRK wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:12 pm Hakeem, talk to this guy, Andy, just posted in the "for sale" section =D>
Hello Hakeem,

Been a while since you contacted me on this subject - almost a year? Did you ever figure something out that does this for you? If so, will you share it with the forum? You know that I have a solution using BMW Parts and methods of assembly, but maybe you came up with something as good or better, and could share it.

If not, my offer stands - I can build you a set with the upgrades: two tails and two brakes per side. Using a dual filament bulb in the BMW socket! I'll even send it out, and let you swap it into your car so you don't have to idle it for days... later you could return your old lights for a core refund.

Here is a picture of the light with all lamps installed - you'll have to take my word about the way they operate, but I can easily prove how they work, and how much improvement you get when they do.
P2141656.JPG
P2141656.JPG (464.34 KiB) Viewed 4511 times
Hope you are still enjoying your shark!

Andy
"Be Seen, and Not Hurt!"
Lighting Upgrades for 2002, E3, E12, E21, E23, E24, E28, E30, E32, E36, E39 - front & back
Headlight and Tail Light upgrades for maximum visibility. Headlight protection to keep lights intact.
BillDe

Post by BillDe »

I have these in my 1980 635Csi euro. They are fantastic! It's a great feeling to be visible from the rear in traffic. Easy matter of removing the old units and installing the upgraded units. Thanks again Andy!! =D>
Hakeem43020

Post by Hakeem43020 »

MisterFixit wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:15 pm
GRNSHRK wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:12 pm Hakeem, talk to this guy, Andy, just posted in the "for sale" section =D>
Hello Hakeem,

Been a while since you contacted me on this subject - almost a year? Did you ever figure something out that does this for you? If so, will you share it with the forum? You know that I have a solution using BMW Parts and methods of assembly, but maybe you came up with something as good or better, and could share it.

If not, my offer stands - I can build you a set with the upgrades: two tails and two brakes per side. Using a dual filament bulb in the BMW socket! I'll even send it out, and let you swap it into your car so you don't have to idle it for days... later you could return your old lights for a core refund.

Here is a picture of the light with all lamps installed - you'll have to take my word about the way they operate, but I can easily prove how they work, and how much improvement you get when they do.

P2141656.JPG

Hope you are still enjoying your shark!

Andy
Hey Andy,
It's been a while for sure. Unfortunately I retired my e24 and now drive an e39 that's been taking up most of my time, so I haven't been visiting the forum often.

Ironically I'm doing lighting upgrades on the e39 too haha.