Need advice replacing Dr door lock

Post in this forum for topics relating to the exterior. This includes body, windows, and accessories

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Radical Racing

Need advice replacing Dr door lock

Post by Radical Racing »

Finally got the drivers door replacement door lock assembly. Now I cannot get it reinstalled. I found a video on Youtube but it only shows the disassembly and then the reassembly outside the car but nothing about how to get the dam thing back in place. I have tried every seemingly possible angle and position with no success. The whole assembly is just too large and if blocked by the internal portions of the door handle. There seems to be no way to get the housing that surrounds the lock cylinder positioned so the two molded in ribs fit into the grooves and then rotated to lock it in place. I did get some of it in but only by separating the lock heater portion from the lock. This would mean I have to install the two ball bearings,, the spring, the actuator rod and the retaining clip while inside the door, which seems impossible. Any help with a proper sequence of assembly and installation would be greatly appreciated.
Ragierer

Re: Need advice replacing Dr door lock

Post by Ragierer »

I am in the same spot today as you were in 2013. Do you have any door lock advice?

Robin