Fiberglass bumpers

Post in this forum for topics relating to the exterior. This includes body, windows, and accessories

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

rrrs

Fiberglass bumpers

Post by rrrs »

Has maybe anyone used fiberglass front and rear bumpers from Xmorecars, UK?

https://www.xmoorcars.co.uk/product-cat ... w-e24-635/

I really like the look of them as for the upper openings and in general representing the early E24 profile very well.
Problem is I tried to contact them few times by phone and email and got no answer.
There is a active web-shop so seems like one could just place order online but worried if they actually exist.
There is a physical UK address on the web page; does anyone from UK know this company and how to get in contact?

I also found their facebook page, but still no way to get in touch:

https://www.facebook.com/XmoorCars/

Please if someone might know of them and how to get in touch please let me know; really prefer this bumpers to regular Duraflex offering.
nick88highline

Re: Fiberglass bumpers

Post by nick88highline »

rrrs wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:35 am There is a physical UK address on the web page; does anyone from UK know this company and how to get in contact?

I also found their facebook page, but still no way to get in touch:

https://www.facebook.com/XmoorCars/

Please if someone might know of them and how to get in touch please let me know; really prefer this bumpers to regular Duraflex offering.
Sadly there is no way to contact the company. I have tried emailing and calling them but no answer, so I guess the website is just left over from when they were actually trading...
Nick
BMW 635CSiA (1988)
BMW i3 (2016)
Jeep Grand Cherokee V8 (2000)
Morris Minor 1000 (1968)
rrrs

Post by rrrs »

Thanks, that is a shame....I really think they got the best looking fiberglass bumpers!

I wonder if there is someone that knows the owner of that business; those molds must be somewhere around and possibly a "group buy" could be organized?

From the facebook posts seems they have still been active posting last time on September 6th; looks like 2019!?

This is the address from their Facebook page:

Xmoor Cars, Blue Anchor
Minehead TA24 6JR

If there is anyone local that might know the owner and how to get in touch, please let me know!
Pod
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Pod »

If you have the address why not do the “old fashioned” thing and write them a recorded delivery letter. If it is delivered and you get no response, you’ll know they are not interested. If it’s returned to you, you’ll know they are no longer trading.

FWIW, I had seen the front wings and splash guards advertised a few years ago (we discussed them on this board), but not the front and rear valances - so these must only have been manufactured relatively recently.
nick88highline

Post by nick88highline »

Pod wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:07 am If you have the address why not do the “old fashioned” thing and write them a recorded delivery letter. If it is delivered and you get no response, you’ll know they are not interested. If it’s returned to you, you’ll know they are no longer trading.
You could say that if you have to resort to these "tricks" to contact the company, then they are most definately NOT worth dealing with. :lol:
BMW 635CSiA (1988)
BMW i3 (2016)
Jeep Grand Cherokee V8 (2000)
Morris Minor 1000 (1968)
Pod
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Pod »

nick88highline wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:29 pm
Pod wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:07 am If you have the address why not do the “old fashioned” thing and write them a recorded delivery letter. If it is delivered and you get no response, you’ll know they are not interested. If it’s returned to you, you’ll know they are no longer trading.
You could say that if you have to resort to these "tricks" to contact the company, then they are most definately NOT worth dealing with. :lol:
I never thought they were. Plastic wings? Urgh 🤮