Staggered 16" Alpinas in UK?

Post in this forum for cars and/or parts wanted.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

wattsmonkey
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Staggered 16" Alpinas in UK?

Post by wattsmonkey »

I know, everybody wants them, but I've just missed out on two sets and have got my heart set on them now.

I don't suppose any of the UK crew have got any stashed away?

I'm guessing not, but am now feeling the claw of desperation!

Cheers,

Rob
"Most of it necessary; all of it enjoyable." LJKS
'84 635CSi, dogleg...itbs and supercharger????? Eaton Mess
kos

Post by kos »

i have mine on the car, and are in very good contrition and with as new falken tyres 205 55 and 225 50 on the back

to sell i need a very strong offer and i also need to find something equally special to fit back on to the car
wattsmonkey
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by wattsmonkey »

Not sure I can do "equally special", are you tempted by 17s? I thought my staggered Style 32s with polished lips were awesome when I got them, but not sure I like 17s at all on the six (personal preference being expressed here!)

These cost me nearly ?600 when I got them, and they were only fitted for a year and have sat in the garage since!

Anyway, let me know if you're interested, or if I might be able to help with any other bits and bobs, I suppose Style 5s are the only other wheel which compares on the "special" front, unless it's the E34-style staggered 17" Alpinas.

OR as a complete left-field I-really-want-those-wheels idea, are you interested in a swap/px for my Fritz exhaust system, which has been on the car for less than 500 miles, sounds awesome and comes with receipt for the ?600 it cost me in April (yes, two months ago!)?

I should point out that this is all James Sohl's fault, having seen how awesome his car looks with open-lug Alpinas!

Cheers,

Rob
Attachments
11 May 08 for valuation 010.jpg
11 May 08 for valuation 010.jpg (1.29 MiB) Viewed 8294 times
kos

Post by kos »

thanks for the exhaust offer, but i'm sticking with OEM system. going to repair mine for now then at some stage get a new bmw back box.

style 32's are nice, very nice but i'm always on the hunt for BBS RS's of 17" flavour.

one thing you may need to know is that my alpinas are not open lug
kos

Post by kos »

so, any thoughts on an offer or are you set on open lug ones ?

in case you need help deciding .............

wattsmonkey
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by wattsmonkey »

Nice car! That is a cool photo.

Are your wheels staggered 7" and 8"? Presumably this will mean et11 and 24 on the back?

I was looking for open lug wheels, but these do look good: exactly the same as my old 17s but smaller, these had brand new Falkens on too!
Attachments
IMG_0555 (Small).JPG
IMG_0555 (Small).JPG (54.16 KiB) Viewed 8183 times
alpinacsi

Post by alpinacsi »

I have 5 sets in various conditions. With the exchange rates; you might make out OK but you will need to factor in shipping.
kos

Post by kos »

correct , staggered and in the offsets you mentioned

thanks for the comment on the pics, not my work though but looking at it i need to lower the car, just deciding what shocks to go for.

i need to get into a few e24's with varying set ups and see how they feel
wattsmonkey
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by wattsmonkey »

Mine has got bilsteins from an M635 on the front and M535i billies on the back. It has also got the (apparently) Eibach Alpina-spec springs from Fritz's bits on the front, but as you can see it ain't a lot lower than stock!

I reverted to stock rears as the Fritz ones (like the proper ones) are too short to sit in standard-length shocks.

I have thought about H&R springs, which you can get easily in the UK.

Cheers,

Rob
kos

Post by kos »

I'd say the H&R springs are a given, just the shock choice and I will pilot be B6 or B8 bilsteins

They are too firm for my liking on and e24

Anyway back to the wheels , they have done less than 2000 miles since new Tyres and refurb, new badges fitted along with o rings and lol caps.
Tyres are falken 452's al round and are 290 new fitted. Refurb was 200 and the other bits 100. Add that to the original purchase cost off 300 they owe me 900 and I'll need that to part with them.

They don't come up for sale and if they do, the refurb cost always add up

I have an option on some other wheels so balls in your court
wattsmonkey
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by wattsmonkey »

Hey Kos,

Might just stick Style 32s on ebay in any case: staggered E39 fitment 17"s with matching 235s on the front and mixed 255s on the back. Polished lips, new badges. Ally spigot rings for non-e39 fitment included.

One wheel has been hand polished to eradicate some corrosion under the polished rim lacquer, but difference in finish not too noticable. If I were putting these back on my car I'd polish the other three to match.

Let me know it there's any interest from your end in these.

Cheers,

Rob
Attachments
IMG_1506.JPG
IMG_1506.JPG (147.86 KiB) Viewed 8076 times
jon-

Post by jon- »

Rob,

How much you thinking? I quite like those, and one of my original wheels is buckled :(
wattsmonkey
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by wattsmonkey »

Hi Jon,

Looking for ?350 or thereabouts for these, might be able to deliver / meet up if a deal with Kos comes together so I can finally get my hands on some 16" Alpinas!

Am away this weekend but will stick some more pics up when I get back. They look awesome on the six. Still have receipts for the ?600 they cost me including the new badges and spigot rings.

Always hated having mis-matched rears, so will include a pair of part worn continental 245/34/17s which I never got round to fitting.

Cheers,

Rob
jon-

Post by jon- »

Cool, let me know when you're a little closer to being able to sell and we'll talk through the details :)
wattsmonkey
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by wattsmonkey »

Pics of each wheel, tyres and spigot rings: still good and shiny, but the polished bits do need some polishing to make them perfect!

Fronts are 8j, offset 20
Rears are 9j, offset 26

Hoping photobucket album link works, anyway.

http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k314/ ... yle%2032s/
jon-

Post by jon- »

I like those :D What age are the tyres / are they all balanced ok?

Will check with my insurance company tomorrow the cost of putting them on the policy and let you know :D
wattsmonkey
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by wattsmonkey »

Hey Jon,

Wheels all balanced fine, weights all behind rim like they should be. Tyres came with wheels when I bought them in 2007/2008, so must be older than that!

I assume you've got a classic policy, there was no extra charge for "non standard alloy wheels" with Lancaster, declared when policy was opened as there was no way I was keeping the metric Colway remoulds which were on there!

Cheers,

Rob
jon-

Post by jon- »

Long story, but I couldn't get on a classic policy. Just spoke to admiral and they wanted ?60 to add wheels - cheeky!

Could you find the dot codes on the tyres please? It's usually a 4 digit figure, such as 3409 to indicate 34th week of 2009. It will let me know whether I need new tyres or not.
HighlinE24181

Post by HighlinE24181 »

wattsmonkey wrote: are you interested in a swap/px for my Fritz exhaust system, which has been on the car for less than 500 miles, sounds awesome and comes with receipt for the ?600 it cost me in April (yes, two months ago!)

Cheers,

Rob
Hi Rob,

Do you still have your "Fritz" exhaust system and if so are you still looking to sell it.
If so, please PM me with some idea of how much your looking for.

Cheers,

Simon
wattsmonkey
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by wattsmonkey »

Hi Simon,

Was only suggesting swapping Fritz exhaust out of desire for Alpinas, otherwise I'm still completely in love with the noise!

Sorry,

Rob
HighlinE24181

Post by HighlinE24181 »

wattsmonkey wrote:Hi Simon,

I'm still completely in love with the noise!

Sorry,

Rob
Ill bet you are !!!
No probs whatsover.
Thanks for the reply.
Cheers.
kos

Post by kos »

hello mate

i've lost your number can you pm me again ?

if you can sell the style 32's go for it, to be honest i'd only be interested in them at about 200 quid as i'd only use them as winter wheels and have to mount winter tyres on the them for the e39

kos