E24 Fuel tank

Post in this forum for cars and/or parts wanted.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

spencerd72

E24 Fuel tank

Post by spencerd72 »

Hi,

I'm wondering if any UK members have a rust free fule tank for the E24 that they'd like to sell.

Mine is rusted around the filler neck.

Thanks,
Dominic.
Brucey
6 Series Guru
6 Series Guru

Post by Brucey »

I have one on my parts car, I'll take a look at it.

cheers
~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
spencerd72

Post by spencerd72 »

Cheers Brucey,

I'm thinking I might need to get this sorted before I get the wheel arch welded..
cecotto479

Post by cecotto479 »

I'm sure I have one off the car. I'll look tomorrow.
spencerd72

Post by spencerd72 »

After a 600 mile trip with both rear windows open, I am compelled to enquire again regarding the fuel tank!

Thanks,
Dominic.
Pod
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Pod »

spencerd72 wrote:After a 600 mile trip with both rear windows open, I am compelled to enquire again regarding the fuel tank!

Thanks,
Dominic.
Euro Car Parts sell them for about ?160. They recently had a 25% off sale - maybe its still on?
Muskar

Post by Muskar »

I recently got a shiny new one from Euro Car Parts. It was ?208 (including VAT). Not in the sale unfortunatly because (I think) it is not an online part and the sale only applied online.
My old one was completely shot inside having sat for over 10 years. The old fuel I poured out was brown with lumpy bits :shock:
I personally decided not to risk going for a used one to avoid the potential of having the same problem again but mine might have been a particularly bad example. And I wouldn't want to put anyone off buying stuff from other forum members :wink:
Attachments
Old vs. New
Old vs. New
Old and new tanks.png (904.36 KiB) Viewed 5820 times
Muskar

Post by Muskar »

Oh, and another thing,

wattsmonkey ( profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=4572 ) had offered me one when I was looking and very helpfully took some photos of it.

Seeing as I didn't end up buying it from him I'm sure he won't mind me re-posting the link to his photos:
http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k314/ ... el%20tank/
Pod
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Pod »

Muskar wrote:I recently got a shiny new one from Euro Car Parts. It was ?208 (including VAT). Not in the sale unfortunatly because (I think) it is not an online part and the sale only applied online.
My old one was completely shot inside having sat for over 10 years. The old fuel I poured out was brown with lumpy bits :shock:
I personally decided not to risk going for a used one to avoid the potential of having the same problem again but mine might have been a particularly bad example. And I wouldn't want to put anyone off buying stuff from other forum members :wink:
Well, it worked for me on their online site just now. Available with discount for ?164.70 including free delivery :P
Muskar

Post by Muskar »

Well, it worked for me on their online site just now. Available with discount for ?164.70 including free delivery
Now that is very odd, I have just put in the part number of the one I bought and it brings it up at ?220, and no discount. What's your trick?
I think I had not found it before because it is only listed against the E28 not the E24.

spencerd72,
If you do want a new one try part number 879110091. If you are lucky you should get a better deal than I did.
Pod
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Pod »

Muskar wrote:
Well, it worked for me on their online site just now. Available with discount for ?164.70 including free delivery
Now that is very odd, I have just put in the part number of the one I bought and it brings it up at ?220, and no discount. What's your trick?
I think I had not found it before because it is only listed against the E28 not the E24.

spencerd72,
If you do want a new one try part number 879110091. If you are lucky you should get a better deal than I did.
Read the advertising on the site :roll: You have to put in discount code "crazy25" before you check out. Its deffo listed against E24, although, of course its the same for the E28 & E12 cars :wink:
Muskar

Post by Muskar »

Ah yes. I see now. Sorry, being thick ](*,) Oh well I missed out there when I got mine.... :(
Pod
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Pod »

Muskar wrote:Ah yes. I see now. Sorry, being thick ](*,) Oh well I missed out there when I got mine.... :(
You just bought yours? Why not contact them and see if they'll credit you, or at the least give you a gift voucher or something. Worth a try IMO :wink: