Post in this forum for cars and/or parts wanted.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Need the connector for the coolant temperature sending unit for an 87 M6. The sending unit is located on the coolant pipe. The one I have has melted slightly and has a intermittant short. Thanks.
- Chris Wright
- Senior Member
- Posts: 5718
- Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:12 am
- Location: Columbus, IN (INDY 500 area)
Are you talking about the Coolant Temp Sensor (CTS) for the ECU, not the sender for the temp gauge in the cluster, right? The one that uses the same 2 prong plug with the wire locking bail as the fuel injectors?SoCalE24 wrote:Need the connector for the coolant temperature sending unit for an 87 M6. The sending unit is located on the coolant pipe. The one I have has melted slightly and has a intermittant short. Thanks.
There is a repair kit from AutoHaus ($8.24) that comes with the plastic shell, two connectors for the wires and the rubber boot. It is a bit fiddly installing the wire ends and they can be damaged inserting them into shell if you are not careful, but it appears to be OEM.
If you are in a hurry, there is also a choice of 2, pre-made, "pigtail" plugs from AutoZone:
1) One is a duplicate of the fuel injector plugs that use the wire locking bail that requires that you use a screw driver to pry the sides out to release it (no "press to release" feature). It also has the correctly shaped end to accept the rubber boot (no photo).
2) The other one has the wire locking bail that you press in to release (See below), but the downside is that the top end has straight sides so it is not shaped to accept the rubber boot, but it does look like some attempt has been made to seal around the wires. (GP Sorensen 800-9213, $10)
Both of these were actually listed under an '87 635 - fuel injection - "Pigtail" at AutoZone.
- CTS Pigtail Plug2.jpg (27.6 KiB) Viewed 1632 times
- CTS Pigtail Plug1.jpg (20.57 KiB) Viewed 1632 times
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests