Looking for Euro wrap arounds!

Post in this forum for cars and/or parts wanted.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

CDN635csi

Looking for Euro wrap arounds!

Post by CDN635csi »

hey guys winter is coming and im starting to look for parts for my euro conversion. if any of you guys can help from uk for parts that would be great as i would think there are alot more sixers in the junk yards compared to winnipeg. anyway im looking for euro wrap arounds front and rear. im also looking for a late rear m tech valence or one like it? i havent contacted maximillian do any of you know if they still carry these parts?
thanks Saul
team2win

Re: Looking for Euro wrap arounds!

Post by team2win »

CDN635csi wrote:hey guys winter is coming and im starting to look for parts for my euro conversion. if any of you guys can help from uk for parts that would be great as i would think there are alot more sixers in the junk yards compared to winnipeg. anyway im looking for euro wrap arounds front and rear. im also looking for a late rear m tech valence or one like it? i havent contacted maximillian do any of you know if they still carry these parts?
thanks Saul
Do you have part numbers for what you are referring to or pics?
what do you consider wrap arounds for euro?
mtech valence? top or bottom?
CDN635csi

euro bumpers specified

Post by CDN635csi »

looking for a late rear mtech valence87 to 89) the front bumper and valence would be from and rear bumper would be from a 83 to 87 i believe? although the front bumper and valence from earlier could fit?
team2win

Re: euro bumpers specified

Post by team2win »

CDN635csi wrote:looking for a late rear mtech valence87 to 89) the front bumper and valence would be from and rear bumper would be from a 83 to 87 i believe? although the front bumper and valence from earlier could fit?
Please post pic or part number...
Are you looking for euro bumpers or 82-87 bumpers?
Brucey
6 Series Guru
6 Series Guru

Post by Brucey »

in the UK 82-87 have the so-called 'chrome bumpers' and the 87-89 models have the so-called 'world' bumpers. An 80-82 635 front bumper is also very similar to an 82-87 one, and will interchange with only a little fiddling, but is not identical.

In the UK you will find the 'world' bumpers (less their plastic parts) fairly easily.

The earlier front bumpers can also be found (but again often less their chrome parts) whereas the rear bumpers are more difficult to find in good condition. The side (wrap-around) rear sections are especially difficult to find without rampant corrosion present, and the centre section is often damaged; the slightest knock will push these in, they are very fragile by comparison with the other bumpers fitted.

I have a pair of 'world' bumpers (less the plastic side sections, but with front spoiler and the rear valance) which are for sale, but I would imagine the shipping costs will be horrendous- they weigh a lot.

hth

cheers
~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CDN635csi

"chrome" bumpers

Post by CDN635csi »

yes im looking for the 82 to 87 for the rear but for the front from what has been discussed it looks like i could get a earlier bumper and valence. any help with tracking down these parts would be greatly appreciated i understand that shipping may be pricey from overseas but i am set on doing the conversion!