WTB: Front nose clip

Post in this forum for cars and/or parts wanted.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

jsurdo326

WTB: Front nose clip

Post by jsurdo326 »

Looking for the piece that the roundel attaches too and the kidney grill.
Attachments
:(
:(
photo.JPG (106.06 KiB) Viewed 2493 times
photo.JPG
photo.JPG (106.06 KiB) Viewed 2493 times
alpinacsi

Post by alpinacsi »

I have a new factory nose piece if you are interested. It is $300 plus shipping. The only grills that I have are used and are weathered from 20+ years of use. Honestly, the damage looks to be repairable even for a very nice car. To replace the nose section, it will require many hours of labor as it is not a unbolt, remove and then replace part.
Masked Man
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Masked Man »

Plus one on alpinacsi's comment. My nose looked almost exactly like yours and I purchased a nose cone. Then the body shop which had told me to get it, informed me that there was no WAY they could make it work for the price quoted and it was going to be closer to $1200 than the $600 they'd said previously. Wellllllll, you only have to hit me over the head 10 or 12 times before I get the picture and so I contacted a guy who knew a guy and this guy was very confident that they could pull it out, match the color and it would look like new.

If you look carefully at this picture of my 6er, you should be able to see the ding in my nose. http://bigcoupe.com/photos/1_masked_man_1262.jpg

And if you look at any of the other shots, you can see how well they repaired it.

So, my 2 cents are, buy NO nose!

Keep the shiny side up

Phillip
Masked Man

85 635CSi Euro
Big Brake Upgrade
Ireland stainless exhaust
Upper & lower control arms
New tie rod kit
tschultz

Post by tschultz »

Sweet wheels Phillip :lol: