1977 630CSI, 49,000 original miles

Post in this forum for cars and/or parts wanted.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Joe G

1977 630CSI, 49,000 original miles

Post by Joe G »

1977 630CSI-A. One of ~400 autos imported in 1977 (first year of e24s in the USA).

The good:
3 Owners
~49,000 original miles
tons of receipts, thousands in new parts
starts, runs, and drives without any issue.
1100% Mechanically sound. I know a lot of people say that, but i swear on my grandmother that I mean it.

The bad
-Needs headliner
-Has some small surface rust, not brown visible,just a few paint bubbles(20ft car)
-rear windows wont go down, motors are stuck, or switches are corroded, simple fix.
-sunroof is 'sticky'
The interior isnt mint could use some lovin.

I love this car, it has a tremendous cool factor, but im consdering letting it go to someone who will appreciate it and restore. I would love to do a restoration, but being a full time student, with a full time job I just dont have as much time as i would like.

I just drove her 300 miles from Iowa last week without a single issue. This car is 100% mechanically sound. It just needs some cosmetic loving. Its a blast to cruise around town, and is a beast on the highway. Comfortable, quiet, and pulls hard! Its not quick off the line, but once you get up to speed she pulls like new.

Price is $6,500 obo. You may think this is too high for a car that isnt mint, but its a 35 year old classic with 49,000 miles on it. Please dont bash my price or my car. If i cant get my price or close to it I will just hold onto this classic.

Pics:

The car is located in Lawrence, KS. I can take many more pics upon request. The best way to contact me is via email: [email protected]

Thanks!

NADA: Average retail value denoting a '20-footer' is $6,825. I think $6,500 or close to it is a great price for a truely classic BMW.
Last edited by Joe G on Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GRNSHRK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Wrong section Joe . . .

Post by GRNSHRK »

May get a few more bites in the "For Sale" section #-o

Cool 6er though, good luck with the sale 8)

:mrgreen:
:mrgreen:
Bobbo
1980 633 CSi Cypress Green/Pearl Beige
2017 X5 M Sport Xdrive 35i Carbon Black/Ivory White
2005 330 Ci ZHP Cabrio Imola Red/Bone/Black
german performance inc

Post by german performance inc »

maybe hes saying he wants this car ! :wink:

ha ha ....just messing with you :lol:
Joe G

Post by Joe G »

just caught that ha. Will post it up in the FS section. But it is also here because everyone wants it!