Rear AC Unit

Post in this forum for cars and/or parts wanted.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Jorge

Rear AC Unit

Post by Jorge »

As it says. I saw an import this week with a unit and reminded me of how cool they are.

Who has one for sale?
Da_Hose
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Da_Hose »

Retro fit is a bunch of work, but they are very nice to have. Really improves performance of the cooling system when running well.

Jose
1987 M6 - My dream car
Pod
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Pod »

I've never seen an E24 over here with one fitted, nor have I ever seen a unit offered for sale!
TCD

Post by TCD »

I have one in the states and would be willing to the UK. Send me an email. [email protected]

Thanks,
Todd
Finally6

Post by Finally6 »

Besides the rear unit itself, what else would be required to install in a e24 that didn't come with this option?
TCD

Post by TCD »

Finally6 wrote:Besides the rear unit itself, what else would be required to install in a e24 that didn't come with this option?
a/c lines and wiring harness
Da_Hose
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Da_Hose »

Hit realoem.com to confirm everything but off the top of my head you need the following.

Regulator, split A/C lines for the rear, all the parts for the rear condenser assembly including the center console with electronics.

Jose
1987 M6 - My dream car
Chris Wright

Post by Chris Wright »

Finally6 wrote:Besides the rear unit itself, what else would be required to install in a e24 that didn't come with this option?
I believe you would need all new A/C lines and the regulator (3) also:

volodacc

Post by volodacc »

I saw 3 complet rear unit on klienanzeigen.ebay.de year ago. But only rear units. You need all what boys mentioned and front A/C radiator too.

Rear A/C looks amazing for me too, but is nearly imposible to retrofit it. Thats why i bought my car whit it. :D