WTB: Hydraulic Line for Clutch

Post in this forum for cars and/or parts wanted.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

LarryM

WTB: Hydraulic Line for Clutch

Post by LarryM »

Hello,

I'm preparing for a manual swap on my '85 E24, and looking for part #10. It attaches to the clutch master cylinder where it exits the firewall:
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showpar ... Id=21_0049

Evidently the original part is NLA; I can form a new one out of some tubing if necessary, but having an original would make things much simpler.

Thank you!
1985 635CSi
1987 535is
1965 Impala SS
bpoliakoff
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: WTB: Hydraulic Line for Clutch

Post by bpoliakoff »

Buy a small brake line from Autozone, etc. That way the flare is done on one end. Bend around anything round for a nice radiused bend.. Flare the other end, remembering all hydraulic lines are double flared. Should take you all of 15 minutes to do...providing you have a flaring tool that can do a double flare.
81 Euro 635 M90 with motronic. Currently under a complete nut and bolt restoration. Pictures at
flickr.com/photos/bertsphotos.
LarryM

Re: WTB: Hydraulic Line for Clutch

Post by LarryM »

bpoliakoff wrote:Buy a small brake line from Autozone, etc. That way the flare is done on one end. Bend around anything round for a nice radiused bend.. Flare the other end, remembering all hydraulic lines are double flared. Should take you all of 15 minutes to do...providing you have a flaring tool that can do a double flare.
I was able to find a generic one, pre-assembled with flared ends:

https://www.belmetric.com/bl14-cohli...4&cPath=17_186

The original line reportedly has about 4 tight bends in it which are kind of a PIA to form. Finding a nice used one (that is, one that's already been bent into shape) would be ideal....but if it's not in good condition I could at least use it as a sample in forming a new one, and avoid the hassles of trial-and-error fitment.

It's also been suggested to me that I could have a flexible hydraulic line made instead, which would be much easier to install.
1985 635CSi
1987 535is
1965 Impala SS