High Pressure P/S Hoses OEM New or Excellent

Post in this forum for cars and/or parts wanted.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

cobbs

High Pressure P/S Hoses OEM New or Excellent

Post by cobbs »

Looking for high pressure power steering hoses for an '88 635csi. Must be either new or excellent original condition. Looking for OEM only please.
ron
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: High Pressure P/S Hoses OEM New or Excellent

Post by ron »

PLEASE PUT LOCATION IN YOUR PROFILE.
They are ALWAYS rustier than you thought!!!!!!
'85 M #228
'87 M #367
'88 High line.
'10 X5
‘84 Alfasud 1.5 ti
dwcains

Post by dwcains »

If you have a leaking hose, you should easily be able to find a local hydraulic shop that can use the ends to make up a new hose. The cost should be a small fraction of a new BMW hose, even if the ends are damaged and an entire new hose must be fabricated.
Dean
Lutz, FL

'85 635 CSi Euro #9402254
'87 Spider Veloce
'92 Spider Veloce
'08 350Z

cobbs

Post by cobbs »

Thanks for the reply. The crazy thing is is that I don't have any leaks. And already had a hydraulic shop fabricate some houses. Pump has been rebuilt and filter has been replaced but still getting noise!
dwcains

Post by dwcains »

It's funny there have been a few threads on this topic very recently. Take a look at them and see what idea you may glean from them, and I'll bet it's less likely the hose and more likely air in the system.
Dean
Lutz, FL

'85 635 CSi Euro #9402254
'87 Spider Veloce
'92 Spider Veloce
'08 350Z

dmac156

Post by dmac156 »

I was getting noise from mine, and the fluid was very foamy. My brake bomb was bad, so I changed it, but the noise and foamy fluid still persisted. I tried the regular bleeding procedure (turn the car off, pump the brakes until the pressure from the brake bomb pushes the fluid back into the reservoir). I tried this multiple times. I even jacked the front of the car up, moved the steering stop to stop, repeating the bleeding procedure. It would seem ok, but then the next time I drove the car it would come back.

My conclusion is that there was still air in the fluid and I was just cycling it back in. The next time I drove the car, I pumped the brakes to get more fluid back in the reservoir. I let that sit overnight, and the fliuid turned clear. The next time I drove it the noise was still there, but not as bad. I did that procedure one more time and I think the noise is completely gone (but I have not driven the car in about a month).