WTB, exhaust manifolds for '80 M30B32 US version

Post in this forum for cars and/or parts wanted.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

GRNSHRK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

WTB, exhaust manifolds for '80 M30B32 US version

Post by GRNSHRK »

Guys and Gals, been dealing with the dreaded CA air resources board, and their "parts locator service", which of course is anything but [-X

Bottom line is that I will probably have to swap out my very nice Stahl long tube headers for actual exhaust manifolds and get them connected to my existing exhaust, before they will pass my smog test, which, by the way, easily passes at the tail pipe, but not the visual :(

So, hoping that somebody in the "greater" bay area has a set of stock exhaust manifolds, must fit 1980 MY (or there abouts...) M30B32 US version engine [-o<

A set of down pipes would be cool as well, but will likely need to have custom down pipes fabricated to connect to my existing exhaust, which is what I was told is all I need to do, in order to pass the visual test ](*,)

Please let me know what you've got kicking around the garage :roll:
:mrgreen:
Bobbo
1980 633 CSi Cypress Green/Pearl Beige
2017 X5 M Sport Xdrive 35i Carbon Black/Ivory White
2005 330 Ci ZHP Cabrio Imola Red/Bone/Black
tschultz

Re: WTB, exhaust manifolds for '80 M30B32 US version

Post by tschultz »

I have M30B34 exhaust manifolds I could sell... They will fit your head, but I'm not sure if you are looking for some air injection ones or not...

These ones came off the engine swapped into my 633...before it went turbo.
http://www.Drive4Corners.com
'79 635CSi Revival
'80 635CSi
'83 633CSi Callaway Turbo continued as 1988 535is Turbo
SOLD: '81 635CSi/A
Ralph in Socal
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Ralph in Socal »

Whole entire exhaust from an 81 528i. Restrictive as all hell with the long log - front attached to rear manifold into a single downpipe. Decently new condition as the car sat for a long time after it was installed. With aftermarket Cat Conv but unknown if acceptable for CA.

I also have separate Front and Rear that merge together into one downpipe. Also restrictive as all hell. Also with Cat Conv but Factory and passed CA Sniff years ago. I can make up a system like this with just the manifolds and downpipe that can then be welded or Flanged to your existing.

You're giving me resons to go north and Song will be happy with that.

Ralph

PS - The forum is giving me an error when trying to add pics. I have too many attachments
There is a very fine line between "Hobby" and Mental Illness.

85 635csi Zinno Auto
84 528i Euro
83 635 Euro Arktik
81 528i Kastanien 5-speed
88 528e Bronzit (Granpa Car)
86 535i Auto (For Sale)
81 633 csi (retired)
GRNSHRK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by GRNSHRK »

Ralph, didn't know this was even possible :-k
PS - The forum is giving me an error when trying to add pics. I have too many attachments
Ideally, I would opt for dual down pipes from say, a '79 or earlier, or a Euro [-o<

I have an aftermarket cat that doesn't appear to be a problem for the feds (CA, actually #-o ) which is dual in/dual out, and would like to keep that :-$

They told me that all I have to do is get stock exhaust manifolds and connect them to my existing exhaust and would be good to go =D>

Well, I do need to get the O2 sensor closer to stock location as well, but that's no show stopper either [-X

Ralph, we can take this discussion off line if you like, please let me know if you can't find my E addy :-({|=

Tom, '80 was the first year that BMW did away with the thermal reactors and all that other clap trap, so your M30B34 manifolds would likely work :wink:

For now, trying to work this out as "local" as possible, due to shipping costs of very heavy items :-&

Thanks gents 8)
:mrgreen:
Bobbo
1980 633 CSi Cypress Green/Pearl Beige
2017 X5 M Sport Xdrive 35i Carbon Black/Ivory White
2005 330 Ci ZHP Cabrio Imola Red/Bone/Black
Ralph in Socal
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Ralph in Socal »

Yes Bobbo. San Diego tomorrow. I'll make contact on Thursday

Ralph
There is a very fine line between "Hobby" and Mental Illness.

85 635csi Zinno Auto
84 528i Euro
83 635 Euro Arktik
81 528i Kastanien 5-speed
88 528e Bronzit (Granpa Car)
86 535i Auto (For Sale)
81 633 csi (retired)