Wanted: Front bumper ends (bellows) for my '87

Post in this forum for cars and/or parts wanted.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

dm635

Wanted: Front bumper ends (bellows) for my '87

Post by dm635 »

Need a good set of front bumper ends for my '87 6er. Also called bellows and is the part with the orange reflector. Need to hold their shape and have all mounting studs in place. Unfortunately in my region the metal on the inside just turns to rust and it rattles and shakes out when shaken. And the mounting studs fall off as well. Actually they were in this condition 8-9 years ago when I got this (my 3rd) 6er. Already rusted inside.

All this time they've been secured using black screws and bolts. I've got the air dam off right now for paint and would be a good time to put a good set on. PM me with what you've got or respond right here. Possibly work out a trade also. I've got some good parts like a good set of Euro lenses or nice kidneys. These are backup parts for my own car should they ever be needed so in nice shape. Also have other spare parts.

Let me know, thanks Dave
Past:
84-318i, 85-318i, 85-635 CSi, 86-635 CSi

Current:
87-635 CSi
dm635

Re: Wanted: Front bumper ends (bellows) for my '87

Post by dm635 »

Should add that I need them for the '87 and back diving board bumpers. Unfortunately the 88-89 bumper ends won't work. Would be great if I had a world bumper setup as they'd never need replaced. I'm in the Louisville area. All 3 6's I've had over 22 years each had this rusted on the inside problem. The other rust problem I've had on all 3 is the common for the area rust in front of the rear wheel well on both sides. No other areas, just that spot.
Past:

Current:
87-635 CSi
Pod
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Pod »

dm635 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:50 pm Should add that I need them for the '87 and back diving board bumpers. Unfortunately the 88-89 bumper ends won't work. Would be great if I had a world bumper setup as they'd never need replaced. I'm in the Louisville area. All 3 6's I've had over 22 years each had this rusted on the inside problem. The other rust problem I've had on all 3 is the common for the area rust in front of the rear wheel well on both sides. No other areas, just that spot.
That’ll be the side window rubbers I reckon. Try owning an E24 this side of the pond - the buggers rust everywhere :evil:
dm635

Post by dm635 »

Thanks Pod for the response. Fortunately my window rubbers seem to be in decent shape. I wonder if it's the rear window rubbers are what's responsible for starting the rust I have at the bottom of the rear wheel wells. It's at the front of rear wheel wells at the bottom close to the lift point on both sides. All 3 6's I've had already had that rust when I acquired them on both sides. I'll keep driving a 6er for a long time and my next 6 will have to be clean in that area. Reading here for years it does seem that going through your MOT inspection there that any rust is called for repair. I'm very fortunate that in my region there is 0 inspection of any kind.
Past:

Current:
87-635 CSi