Wiring harnesses and bits needed

Post in this forum for cars and/or parts wanted.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Rondel Fan

Wiring harnesses and bits needed

Post by Rondel Fan »

Digging into my recently acquired 86, 635, I noticed someone cut up the drivers power seat harness. The car is equipped with power sports seats with memory. The head rest activated the relay under the seat but no moment, and the bolster switch did nothing.
I removed the seat while R&Ring the clutch master. The wires to the headrest and bolster motors were cut, apparently rejoined, and cut again. The bolster switch had not connector to it and the harness end and connector are not present.
The matter is a little more complicated as the leads to both of those motors are blue and grey. Since the bolster switch is the same as a window switch I may be able to figure that out but having a harness or a picture would sure help.
I may pull the passenger seat to get a reference as all of it's functions work.
Ralph in Socal
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Wiring harnesses and bits needed

Post by Ralph in Socal »

I have a spare bolster harness as I just put a set of seats together. Memory headrest harness is also available but has been cut. $25 donation to the site and they're yours. PM me if interested.

Ralph
There is a very fine line between "Hobby" and Mental Illness.

85 635csi Zinno Auto
84 528i Euro
83 635 Euro Arktik
81 528i Kastanien 5-speed
88 528e Bronzit (Granpa Car)
86 535i Auto (For Sale)
81 633 csi (retired)
Rondel Fan

Re: Wiring harnesses and bits needed

Post by Rondel Fan »

Hi Ralph,
thanks a bunch. For the moment I have purchased an e30 window switch harness. As the switches are the same I'm guessing the connector and a fair bit of the loom are the same. I am waiting for that to arrive to check my thesis. (Possible added bonus I'm hoping to use the sheathing to replace the worn out drivers door harness covering!) The manuals clearly lay out that the bolster has it's own power lead out of the body. I'm guessing because it may not be part of the memory settings, so I'm hoping that dovetailing it in should be straightforward.

I will pull the opposite seat to see if I can figure out what happened to the headrest harness other than being cut. Then I should know better if I need a factory tail or can cobble it together myself. If it is not too much trouble, any chance of a picture of the headrest harness?
thx
Mike
PS as I write this I realize $25 is a reasonable price to pay for these bits even as spares so let me know how to proceed.
thx
Mike