speaker pods

Post in this forum for cars and/or parts wanted.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

bm0635

speaker pods

Post by bm0635 »

old school rear speaker pods, the ones that have the rear headrest casing type, if you have the headrests and the casing i am interested in these also,
mine at the moment are buffalo leather but will take any colour as long as they are in good nick,
regards

richard
from australia
rhanley 635csi89
Bigcoupe Contributor
Bigcoupe Contributor

Re: speaker pods

Post by rhanley 635csi89 »

Richard, I have a pair in brown leather, like new condition. What condition are your buffalo leather? My car has a buffalo leather interior, when I added the rear head rests I fitted them with leather from World Upholstery (non buffalo). What if we exchange the leather covers? This would reduce shipping cost by not shipping the entire head rest.
I also have the original covers in blue which were on the rear head rest when I purchased them.
If interested in this idea email photos to: [email protected]
I' email you photos at that point.
Roger
89 635CSiA (11/88 build)
AlpineWeiss II (218)/Natur(0200)
87 L6 635CSI Sold
87 MB 560SL Sold
bm0635

Post by bm0635 »

hi, thanks for the reply, i have added a image of my rear pods and headrest with casings, this shot was taken 5 years ago, my actual headrests will be re-covered but the headrest casings have split so bad and become brittle from the sun, i do not think i can save them, the speaker pods cannot be saved nor repaired, so if you have speaker pods and headrest casings send me a pic, i do realise shipping is expensive but i do not have a choice, have been looking for a year and found some but in terrible condition, my main item is the speaker pods, i am trying to save what i can, will take the headrest casings to a leather place to see if they can be covered but i am doubtful, thanks again for the reply, if the pic is not there let me know and i will try to re-send
regards
richard
Ed Lyerly

Post by Ed Lyerly »

---------------------
1985 M635 #1998 (gone but not forgotten)
1994 850CSi (also gone but not forgotten)
1985 M635 #589