FS: Sway bar reinforcement kits

Post in this forum for cars and/or parts for sale.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

luminus

FS: Sway bar reinforcement kits

Post by luminus »

All - I have a few kits from the last batch still to sell. If you haven't seen these kits before, the rear kit is reinforces the rear sway bar mounting brackets, which are prone to breaking off. The front kit entirely replaces the mounting point to allow for higher quality and larger bushings and bars to be used. These are not a bolt on upgrade, but will require at a minimum a welder and grinder, or professional installation. See below for full installation instructions. They will fit e24 and e28 chassis.

The front kit. Replaces the existing mount point allowing you use standard poly bushings. In the past, you could use the OEM m5 mounts, but they are NLA. Brackets, hardware, grease, and bushings included. Replacement bushings, if you change sway bars, can be purchased from Energy Suspension.

The rear kit. This reinforces the existing mount. You use the bushings that were supplied with the sway bar.

Note that some early 533i chassis, and maybe early 633 Csi chassis use a different mount for the rear bars. These kits are for the later model years that look like this:

Front Installation Instructions:
E24FSB001InstallationInstructions.pdf

Rear Installation Instructions:
E24RSB001InstallationInstructions.pdf

$70 for a front set, $40 for a rear, or $110 for both. A single front and/or rear set will be shipped for $8 USPS Priority Mail. Specify your front sway bar diameter; right now 22mm (the Suspension Techniques adjustable bar) and 25 mm (stock m5 bar) are in stock. Paypal is preferred: [email protected].

Aaron
Last edited by luminus on Fri May 08, 2015 1:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
jdb

Post by jdb »

I bought a set of these,
Well made fast shipping.
Aaron did a sweet job. Thanks,

Jeff
mmulloy 123

Sway bar supports

Post by mmulloy 123 »

Can you please bill my pay pal for a full set.
thanks Mike. [email protected]
Barron Brooks

Post by Barron Brooks »

Nice and a good price.
luminus

Post by luminus »

All - my last bit of inventory is pretty much gone, except for one rear set.

I'm attempting to gauge interest in any orders here? These brackets (as described in the first post), are a solid way to reinforce the rear mount points, and/or completely replace the front mounting points with a Energy Suspension bushing compatible mount. One used to have to use the OEM m5 mounts to do this, which are of course NLA.

If you're interested, let me know if you would buy a front and/or rear kit, either by responding here or sending me a PM on this forum, or emailing me at: [email protected].

Thanks!

Aaron
luminus

Post by luminus »

For those on the list or that emailed me waiting for the next round, the next batch is in and ready to ship.

If you are in the US, use this site to order: http://mkt.com/LimitedslipEngLLC

Contact me via email if you are outside the US: [email protected]

Thanks!

Aaron
luminus

Re: FS: Sway bar reinforcement kits

Post by luminus »

Appreciate all the interest in the bracket kits! I have ~6 more sets from the last batch, and when they're gone, it will likely take preorders to do another round. If you're interested in a set, all the info is at the top of this thread, or PM me any questions you have.

Thanks!

Aaron
luminus

Post by luminus »

Hi all, I have a few kits left if anyone needs a winter project to upgrade sway bar mounts. Details in the first post!

Thanks,
Aaron
akluminus

Post by akluminus »

Hi all - It's been quite a while since I've posted, and since then had to create a new account.

I have a new batch of front and rear kits in if your sway bar mounts need some fixing. Note that the price of the front kit has gone up slightly, now $80 for a front kit (includes new poly pushings), and the same $40 for a rear kit. $8 USPS flat rate shipping in the US, $30 international to most locations.

Installation pictures and instructions attached to this post.
akluminus

Post by akluminus »

Hi all, these are still available! Though please note I've had to increase the prices a bit to cover materials and production cost increases. $120 for a front set with bushings, $40 for a rear set.
sansouci
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by sansouci »

akluminus wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:22 pm Hi all, these are still available! Though please note I've had to increase the prices a bit to cover materials and production cost increases. $120 for a front set with bushings, $40 for a rear set.
Any picture of the installed kits?
Sansouci
84 E24 633Csi Auto, Bronzit/PearlBeige 6997510
93 E32 740il M60 Auto, Alpenweis/Ultramarine
60 528i M30 5-speed Green/Beige (crushed)
71 240Z 4-speed White/Blue (rusty & sold)
65 396 Chevelle 4-speed, Marina Blue/Black (stolen)
akluminus

Post by akluminus »

The pictures I have are only the ones in the instruction pdfs (links at the top).

I would like to see others' installs if they have them though!