M635CSi for sale.......plus bits! SOLD

Post in this forum for cars and/or parts for sale.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Colin C

M635CSi for sale.......plus bits! SOLD

Post by Colin C »

Update 4th October: Car sold but parts still available......

After some soul searching it has become obvious that I don't have the time or the facilities to restore my M635CSi.

I purchased the car 9 or 10 years ago and used it as my daily driver initially. It required bodywork and some tidying which I intended to do as a rolling restoration. Life took over and with work necessitating a company car and the arrival of kids things went on the back burner, although I did continue to tinker and collect parts! In 2008 we decided to move to Oz and the car was subsequently stored in a relations garage until I either sent for it or we returned. After some debate we returned last year and I have recently retrieved the car......

viewtopic.php?t=23717&highlight=

Unfortunately I do not have a garage or I would keep the car, my only garage space currently being occupied by my 993. To have the restoration done by others would cost more money than I have to spend at the moment. Despite my best man maths my wife has no intention of moving home simply to accommodate an 'old car'. Off course, as usual, she is perfectly correct...........

Due to work commitments I wont be home until next weekend so I'm recalling these details from memory.........mileage is 122,000 approx., its a two owner car with the first owner being a family friend so I have known the car since new, prior to storage the car was running well with no issues

viewtopic.php?t=5803&highlight=mmm

I had it on a rolling road with good result from upgraded exhaust and K&N filters

viewtopic.php?t=5631&highlight=

I also fitted the short shift gear change from the Z3 which made a remarkable difference from memory.

Please have a look at this photo bucket link for some old and newer pictures:

http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/colin ... sc/M635CSi

Apologies for any Porsche pics that may have been stored in there by mistake and I'm sure the more eagle eyed will spot that there are post and pre storage pics!

It is my intention to post this up on EBay but would like to give you Guys the chance to buy it first.........seems only right!

This is obviously a project car. I have never attempted to run it since removing it from the garage. You would have to spend a couple of day cleaning electrical contacts, clearing gummed up fuel filters and injectors and freeing the throttle body linkage which has seized. There is no battery in place either (removed for storage). We all know these UK cars and it has rust in all the usual places with a rather worrying patch on the roof. For me it would have been a labour of love but if your a commercial mechanic you could probably restore it discounting labour and make a healthy profit wheeler dealer style, especially given the £20K plus price tag for a sorted one at the moment!

By my reckoning the running gear (engine, gearbox and diff) should fetch around £3,000 and If I include a set of good clean BBS 17" alloys and the rest of the car, including a full tank of Tesco 99 (filled in 2008) it must be worth £4000.00...............any thoughts?

I have also collected loads of parts. I found a list on my old hard drive and attached it........some good stuff there if any one is interested.
Attachments

[The extension xls has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

94 Porsche 993
86 BMW M635CSi (Sold! Being Restored in Poland!)
97 Jeep -winter hack!
05 325 MSport Touring