scammer from tolido ohio?

Post in this forum for cars and/or parts for sale.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

sabershark

scammer from tolido ohio?

Post by sabershark »

the tolido ohio guy is a scammer I ordered parts from him and it's being almost 2 months and nothing. Tomorrow I am calling his local police detective to file a money wire fraud, extorshion, scamm as other chargers
the time I saw your eyes I fell in love with you my bmw
hornhospital
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: scammer from tolido ohio?

Post by hornhospital »

Who are you talking about? And it's Toledo.
Ken Kanne
'84 633CSi "Sylvia"; '85 635CSi "Katja";'85 325e "Hazel Ann"; '95 M3 "Ashlyn"
tschultz

Post by tschultz »

He has had postings across the US for probably about a year now. Did you paypal or wire it? Paypal gives you the buyer protection which is nice...
http://www.Drive4Corners.com
'79 635CSi Revival
'80 635CSi
'83 633CSi Callaway Turbo continued as 1988 535is Turbo
SOLD: '81 635CSi/A
josh

Post by josh »

Is this the guy with 5 or 6 e24s in his add for parts? I'll see if I can find one of his postings, but I think I've seen it before.
1988 635Csi Auto
Bronzit Beige Metalic
sabershark

Post by sabershark »

Yeah it's the guy that post on Craigslist that he has tons of parts for bmw e24 all I know he is from tolido ohio , I used wire money. I usually trust ppl and never got screwed until now. but I will go after him
BlackBetty

Post by BlackBetty »

I have met this guy, good luck having the cops finding him......I have not been over there since late spring, but several of the cars that he advertised no longer exist, parted out and cut up... all of the cars were high milage, not cared for in a long time, exposed to that fine Liquid Brine they spray on the roads here in the midwest in the winter, rusted out and interiors torn up.. I just got some small odds and ends from him... Interesting fella...only dealt with him in person and cash.........
Pete
And by the way, it is spelled "Toledo"
1988 Black 635 csi, 130 k miles
BlackShark6

Post by BlackShark6 »

sounds like this posting below, hope you can work things out.. darn e24 abusers

I admit i did flag his postings one day cause i kept seeing 5 or 6 duplicates, and finding they are out of state kind of annoying when you expect local stuff, issues like scammers make it more annoying to see out of state listings and wanting me to flag, which i rarely have flagged anything ever.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/pt ... 04352.html

contact name:

Brent
call or text:

☎ (614) 949-0529
89' 325i cabrio(r.i.p @ 250k+) blue/tan blacktop
85' 635 CSi (hit @ 72k) Blk/blk 5sp(garaged)
82' 733i (sold to hollywood @ 300k+ )blk/brwn
99' 528i ACSchnitzer ext.(sold 103k orig owner) silver/grey 5sp
97' 540i/6 (sold) blue/blk 6sp
hbabra

Post by hbabra »

Sorry to hear about your situation. Maybe a safe guard for the future is to ask for proof of life. Ask the seller to take a picture with a newspaper date visible with the car or part. Best of luck.
84 M635csi
Bostn635csi

Post by Bostn635csi »

Hello, I have dealt with Brent for some minor parts for my 6 and he was no problem at all. Ordered the parts, paid via paypal and parts arrived a few days later. He actually was a wealth of information regarding the 6 series and offered some great tips on fixing my crooked drivers seat. Sorry to hear about your problem just thought I would relay my experience with him.
Kevin
1988 BMW 635csi, 5-speed
Lachsilber
sabershark

Post by sabershark »

he keeps promising to sent my parts since September and nothing
today I filed a complaint with tolido police department crime stoppers and will file a small Court complaint and if he is found guilty he will have to pay all the fees plus my airline ticket over there. I know $50 is not much to loose but I hate to see him go unpunished I will even call the local news to do a report on local scammers etc. he has alot of surprises going his way. I called 7 times to attorney general they did not Wana deal with me but I got my way when I said the reporter will be there to see how you guys prevent crime
in a few days I will know how it goes
bpoliakoff
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bpoliakoff »

Guys, protect your self by paying with paypal. They protect a buyer real well immediately refunding the money to your account while they investigate. If the seller can't send them proof of shipment the case will be closed and you will be whole. If he has proof of shipment and delivery confirmation to your address the money will be returned to him. This is the easiest , fairest and fastest way to protect yourself as a buyer or seller.
81 Euro 635 M90 with motronic. Currently under a complete nut and bolt restoration. Pictures at
flickr.com/photos/bertsphotos.
BlackBetty

Post by BlackBetty »

sabershark wrote:he keeps promising to sent my parts since September and nothing
today I filed a complaint with tolido police department crime stoppers and will file a small Court complaint and if he is found guilty he will have to pay all the fees plus my airline ticket over there. I know $50 is not much to loose but I hate to see him go unpunished I will even call the local news to do a report on local scammers etc. he has alot of surprises going his way. I called 7 times to attorney general they did not Wana deal with me but I got my way when I said the reporter will be there to see how you guys prevent crime
in a few days I will know how it goes
You might want to take the time and effort and learn how to spell "Toledo", if you want to succeed ...you obviously overestimate the ambition of the local law enforcement here, as well as the ambition of the local TV people....

Good luck in your ventures..
1988 Black 635 csi, 130 k miles
sabershark

Post by sabershark »

sorry the Google keeps correcting toledo every time I type it in it just corrects it. the police department already replied and they actually willing to take the case they are just slammed with other more important staff
sabershark

Post by sabershark »

bpoliakoff wrote:Guys, protect your self by paying with paypal. They protect a buyer real well immediately refunding the money to your account while they investigate. If the seller can't send them proof of shipment the case will be closed and you will be whole. If he has proof of shipment and delivery confirmation to your address the money will be returned to him. This is the easiest , fairest and fastest way to protect yourself as a buyer or seller.
the thing is I trusted him. and I even made cash deals internationally and was not cheated on. maybe first time for everything
bzzzzz

Post by bzzzzz »

I bought three small items from this guy.
One part was okay.
Two items of my second item were delivered, both broken and unuseable.
The third item was just amazing. I bought an external radio antenna gasket, faring washer and nut. He sent those items, in new condition for what car I haven't a clue. The looked like 'HELP' parts from your local cut rate auto parts store.
I sent it all back, less the one good item, and asked for my money back.
Looks like my odds of ever receiving it is pretty slim.
I've been looking for a way to out the creep. Glad OP got it started.