Fully Refurbished OEM Torches For Sale £38.50 posted

Post in this forum for cars and/or parts for sale.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

sskoda

Fully Refurbished OEM Torches For Sale £38.50 posted

Post by sskoda »

At long last, we're able to offer these Refurbished Torches / Flashlights again.

We were the first people doing these - before BMW actually stopped selling them, in fact.
Technology has moved on, and it would be possible to make completely new internals and fit LED bulbs to these, but we chose not to, in the pursuit of originality (at least in design).

So what has been done?

Internally, the batteries are the main focus. The old Varta ones have long since been discontinued (in fact our very first batch of these all those years ago used the last of the supply of those original manufacturer batteries) and so now we have sourced a battery of the same specification and output and there are of course two of these in each new unit.
The old sprung brass strip has been replaced with a new one - this is the piece that forms the connection between batteries, switch and the other parts of the circuit.
The in-line resistor has been replaced in each unit, regardless of the condition of the original, as this is what protects the batteries and circuit from overloading via the car charge circuit.
The connecting wire has been renewed and a new one soldered in where necessary (a few have been suitable for re-use).
The bulbs are mostly the originals, and of course have been tested and cleaned. We do have new bulbs in place where necessary, but usually they are fine.

To give you an idea of how they go together, this is a photo of the inside of our test mule, the one we use to check batteries, bulbs etc for condition.

Externally, we have cleaned each case up thoroughly. This does not mean a quick wash in a sink - every casing has been cleaned in solution and then undergone a micro-mesh cleaning process to really get them back to great condition, of course leaving the BMW logo intact.
Every lens has been finely buffed then dipped in a special clear lacquer formula (not nail varnish, not car paint lacquer).
The thumb-switch has been cleaned as well, and the backing plate where the charging points are situated has also been cleaned inside and out, and the charge contacts freed from any corrosion developed.

Then they have been glued back together with a liquid poly-glue similar to that used by BMW originally - no superglue here, as that just fails in a couple of months.

What results is a beautiful, fully usable OEM torch suitable for use in a E24, E28, E30, E31, E32, E34, or E36 as fitted originally.
Plenty more pictures available as well should the need arise.

We are offering these at £38.50 each including UK post.
Current projects: E21 316 / E24 635i / E24 M635csi x2 / E28 M535i x2 / E30 325i Sport x3 / E32 740i / E34 525tdsT / E34 535i Sport x2 / E34 550i / E36 M3 x4