FS/ M635CSI Restore project

Post in this forum for cars and/or parts for sale.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

mmulloy 123

FS/ M635CSI Restore project

Post by mmulloy 123 »

Hi Group,
I am selling my 85 m635csi, its apart and needs restoring.Clear title on non opp. I have all hard parts which include non rusty chassis with small repair in rear valance and left quarter panel. Originally Bahama Beige with Buffalo Nutria. Engine is apart and out of car.The car had 96,000 miles
and comes with NOS M tech front spoiler rear spoiler and NOS front bumper supports Center and left and right. Also new chrome and rubber.
New rear chrome bumper complete with rubber. You will get the factory sport seats (which are vinyl now),original M88, 280 Trans,
3:73 rear, Buffalo door panels( Need dying),all glass, wiring, heat shields, dash (Cracks), Speedo, and all used trim and M trunk carpet complete.
The first $8,500.00 takes it. No deals please. Located in San Diego. I don't want to spend a lot of time taking and sending photos.

Thanks Mike...
dmac156

Re: FS/ M635CSI Restore project

Post by dmac156 »

I was pretty interested in this until I read the last sentence. I wouldn't mind doing an m635 project, and I'm even going to be in San Diego in 2 weeks, so I could take a look at it. We have a description of the car that makes it like it's in pieces, which is fine for a project. However with absolutely zero pictures, and no VIN, I'm not sure how you are going to get any serious buyers. Can you post a couple of pics? If you do then you won't have to email them to everyone who responds. What part of SD are you in?
zinnocoupe

Post by zinnocoupe »

Mike I see you have been selling parts on here for a while.

Heres a link to one of your past posts:viewtopic.php?f=8&t=27272&p=196390#p196390

I assume this is the car. Pics with help a lot if you can post more
1979 Euro 635ci no longer a basketcase, just a running rust bucket!
1977 530i Partially restored and running now!
1987 635csi 60K KM Garage Queen
brickwhite

Post by brickwhite »

LOL .... #-o

mmulloy 123 wrote:Hi Group,
No deals please. Located in San Diego. I don't want to spend a lot of time taking and sending photos.
- 12 535i
- 92 325ic
dmac156

Post by dmac156 »

zinnocoupe wrote:Mike I see you have been selling parts on here for a while.

Heres a link to one of your past posts:viewtopic.php?f=8&t=27272&p=196390#p196390

I assume this is the car. Pics with help a lot if you can post more
Yikes. If thats the car, it looks like a mess. Almost no chance that all the engine or car parts are there. Usually a project will have one redeeming quality, like the paint is good but mechanicals are bad. This thing has nothing but an m635 VIN going for it (assuming it's a real m635).
mmulloy 123

Post by mmulloy 123 »

That's a lot of assumptions based on a photo. The wording in the add is correct. If some one is looking to restore an M635CSI from the ground up. This is an opportunity to do that. All the parts including the original # matching engine even the Euro headers come with the car. It is a California car Vin # ends in 688. Clear title. I can part the car for more than the $8,500.00.But prefer not to. I am in the process of restoring my 86 M5. And don't need another major project. The response from the last guy is just the reason I am not spending time on this site to fully detail the info. The price speaks for itself.

Please let me know if you are a serious buyer and I will spend the time with further details.
Thanks Mike...
mmulloy 123

Post by mmulloy 123 »

Thanks for posting the Photos. The drivers rear Quarter has now been patched where that silver tape is. That was a rusted through spot. I also have the white doors that are original to the car. I know it looks like a patch together the silver doors are from another M635 that I put on because they still have the glass in them. buyer will get and extra set of doors and 2 extra fenders. I am the person that disassembled the car. About 3 years ago. Like a lot of us I had plans to restore it and priorities changed. Those wheels do not come with the car.
mmulloy 123

Post by mmulloy 123 »

I am in North County.
stroe

Post by stroe »

Hello! apologize for this late post ... but I'm new on this forum and I could not login .... are very interested in this M635csi that you have available for sale !!! .... the question is whether you can send in Europe? ... at my expense of course !!!
guido

Post by guido »

".....I just need your bank account details and address."

:lol:

Sorry couldn't resist, a scammer e-mailed me a similar line yesterday.. :-x
ron
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by ron »

mmulloy 123 wrote: Located in San Diego.
Put this in your profile as requested by Admin.
They are ALWAYS rustier than you thought!!!!!!
'85 M #228
'87 M #367
'88 High line.
'10 X5
‘84 Alfasud 1.5 ti
zinnocoupe

Post by zinnocoupe »

bcadmin wrote:Seller did not provide necessary information for this section and thus has been locked.

Sorry but this is driving other board members Nucking Futs and I like to keep the People who keep the site running happy.
Brian, I wonder if it would be possible to set up the system so that unless the "location" line in the profile is filled in a new members account can't become active. Or something like that? Being computer illiterate, this is my suggestion. Apologies if this stupid. Dave

PS I don't want to see Ron blow out an O ring :lol:
1979 Euro 635ci no longer a basketcase, just a running rust bucket!
1977 530i Partially restored and running now!
1987 635csi 60K KM Garage Queen
stroe

Post by stroe »

Hello ... I dont wanted to create so much trouble ... I am very interested in this restoration project, I did it once and is not so big problem if you have all necessary parts .... I ask Mike !!! if it is valid to send me a message ... thank you for your understanding ..
mmulloy 123 wrote:I am in North County.
stroe

Post by stroe »

hello .. is someone who can help me to get contact with Mike..from San Diego ??? ... I am really interested in that BMW project!!!! ..... thank you !
bcadmin

Post by bcadmin »

zinnocoupe wrote:
bcadmin wrote:Seller did not provide necessary information for this section and thus has been locked.

Sorry but this is driving other board members Nucking Futs and I like to keep the People who keep the site running happy.
Brian, I wonder if it would be possible to set up the system so that unless the "location" line in the profile is filled in a new members account can't become active. Or something like that? Being computer illiterate, this is my suggestion. Apologies if this stupid. Dave

PS I don't want to see Ron blow out an O ring :lol:
New users have been required a location for a couple weeks. Way too difficult to implement for current members though
Brian F

Bimmerless :0(

------ Former Stable -----
E31 840ci
1990 525i
1984 Graphite M635
1985 Polaris M635
1987 L6
1980 633csi
mmulloy 123

Post by mmulloy 123 »