Ebay listing

Post in this forum for cars and/or parts for sale.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

BlackBetty

Ebay listing

Post by BlackBetty »

Wow, nice car, interior looks awesome!!
However invoices for $30k For some engine and undercarriage work? On a 55000 mile car? Holy crap.... I would say the old man got taken for a ride... Well, I guess it is Chicago...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1984-BMW-6-Seri ... xp=mtr[url][/url]

Pete
1988 Black 635 csi, 130 k miles
dwcains

Re: Ebay listing

Post by dwcains »

Saw that one, too, as it is a beauty, but yeah, those bills are outrageous. For some, it seems like a badge of honor to overpay for,the privilege of owning such an exotic car.
Dean
Lutz, FL

'85 635 CSi Euro #9402254
'87 Spider Veloce
'92 Spider Veloce
'08 350Z

dmac156

Post by dmac156 »

dwcains wrote:Saw that one, too, as it is a beauty, but yeah, those bills are outrageous. For some, it seems like a badge of honor to overpay for,the privilege of owning such an exotic car.
Agreed. Other than the head gasket I don't see any major work there. Glad I can do my own work. Very nice car though. Those seats look perfect.
BlackBetty

Post by BlackBetty »

[quote="dmac156"
Agreed. Other than the head gasket I don't see any major work there. Glad I can do my own work. Very nice car though. Those seats look perfect.[/quote]

Yeah, I am really envious about those seats, and I am the same way , glad I can do my own work as well, and I found a really good guy nearby that lives and breaths old Bimmers and is happy to help when I need some....

I really read that "work done" as someone taking full advantage of an old man... the car has 55k on it for Christ sakes.. I can see some rubber parts and seals maybe, but even so, it was in dry heated storage, cant be to awefull..
Pete
1988 Black 635 csi, 130 k miles
Freshbread

Post by Freshbread »

dmac156 wrote:
dwcains wrote:Saw that one, too, as it is a beauty, but yeah, those bills are outrageous. For some, it seems like a badge of honor to overpay for,the privilege of owning such an exotic car.
Agreed. Other than the head gasket I don't see any major work there. Glad I can do my own work. Very nice car though. Those seats look perfect.
Head gasket at 55K seems premature too? I mean it happens, but :-k
That is very clean, but m635csi money IMO
1984 745i, 2014 Fiesta ST