RHD S38 Exhaust Manifold £350 UK only

Post in this forum for cars and/or parts for sale.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

wattsmonkey
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

RHD S38 Exhaust Manifold £350 UK only

Post by wattsmonkey »

Shed Clearout Pt 2.

Exhaust manifolds from E34 3.6 M5. RHD M635 manifold not BMW's finest hour, hence spending a lot of time buggering about with these. In the end I took the easy route with the Fritz manifold.

I am convinced they can be made to fit the rhd M635 by lengthening the 45 degree(ish) portions of the rear manifold before the collector in order to clear the thrust arm mount on the chassis rail (there's loads of room between the pipes and the bulkhead). This is beyond my welding skill. Front-most manifold will fit around steering box and engine mountings with less effort - basically either reworking mount to sit higher to clear box and "finessing" the top rear engine mounting boss/lug and a bit of bashing.

Downpipes are two-bolt type, relevant sections included for welding to existing downpipes, along with new bolts and gaskets.

I reckon this would be worth the effort and cash - they are a very nice design and offer something much closer to the snake nest which the lhd Euro cars enjoy. The air inlet take offs could provide a nice insight into the mixture for each cylinder too - no need for a manometer, it's almost costing money not fitting these!

Collection from Cheltenham, or will post at additional cost.

Cheers,

Rob
S38 Headers 1.jpg
S38 Headers 1.jpg (409.67 KiB) Viewed 2485 times
s38 headers 2.jpg
s38 headers 2.jpg (448.02 KiB) Viewed 2485 times
"Most of it necessary; all of it enjoyable." LJKS
'84 635CSi, dogleg...itbs and supercharger????? Eaton Mess