FS - UK RHD M635CSi #378

Post in this forum for cars and/or parts for sale.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Soperman

FS - UK RHD M635CSi #378

Post by Soperman »

0760378, registration number D474XRA has come up for sale once more at 185,778 miles. It's with 4Star Classics who are asking for £30k.
http://www.4starclassics.com/bmw-m635-csi-for-sale-5/

Does/did it belong to anyone on here?

I have to say, I find it difficult to comprehend how this car has travelled just 600 miles in the 44 months since it was put up for sale in these adverts.....

http://car-from-uk.com/sale.php?id=68277
http://www.classicandsportscar.com/clas ... m6/1557381

...or 135 miles since it failed an MOT in Jul 2014 thanks to underbody corrosion.

Test date 8 July 2014
Test Result Fail
Odometer reading 185,642 miles
MOT test number 5571 4908 4142

It's currently SORN and there is a two year gap in it's recent MOT history, which might suggest that the car has simply been parked away unused.

It was also the subject of a thread here on BigCoupe.
http://car-from-uk.com/sale.php?id=68277

I'm also sceptical about the single wiper conversion. Would that be any more effective than a conventional twin wiper set up?

All in all, £30k strikes me as a trifle ambitious.
Last edited by Soperman on Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E24 M635CSi
ron
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: FS - UK RHD M635CSi #378

Post by ron »

Soperman wrote:Does/did it belong to anyone on here
I saw and drove the car when it was up for sale in Swansea (local to me).

Pretty fair condition. I think I made him a lower offer than his father would take and it was sold about a week later. Ross (the vendor) did tell me where it went but forgotten now.

As per usual it's another one I should have bought!

Addendum:- It's the only "M" I've seen that has that type of M-tech rear spoiler.
They are ALWAYS rustier than you thought!!!!!!
'85 M #228
'87 M #367
'88 High line.
'10 X5
‘84 Alfasud 1.5 ti
JohnRogers

Post by JohnRogers »

The later service stamps are from Calterdon BMW which is Inverness. (Miss-spelt by 4*) So obviously not seen by most of us. The earliest mostly from Manchester and then - possibly - Bournemouth.
Pod
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Pod »

Soperman, you got the reg no. wrong!

Having just read the DVLA's "MOT History" site, I couldn't help laughing when I saw that the fail in July 2014 was far worse than the previous one in May. Just goes to show that not all MOT tests, nor testers, are equal - and that it doesn't always pay to get another test when a car has failed :lol:

Frightening to see how asking prices are increasing, from £7k in 2013 to £30k now. No doubt 4Star Classics will fail to achieve their price, but I'll wager they will see £25k or so - and if this car re-emerges in a couple of years we will be wondering why none of us snapped it up! (its called "doing a Ron" #-o )
Soperman

Post by Soperman »

Whoops. Reg number now amended in original post.
Pod wrote:I saw that the fail in July 2014 was far worse than the previous one in May. Just goes to show that not all MOT tests, nor testers, are equal
Could not agree more.
E24 M635CSi
rossjp

Post by rossjp »

Hi, I sold it for my Dad the time Ron viewed it. I can't remember much about the guy who bought it, but do remember he didn't haggle and was buying the car as investment rather than as an enthusiast. It looked to have been laid up since he bought it till recently when I checked on the Tax check site. Even back then in 2014 there were people asking big money for other M6s, but people weren't queueing up for my one (albeit high milage and not a show car). I could kind of understand if loads of people viewed but nobody bought but Ron was the only person to have an inspection in person. One guy agreed to buy on eBay then vanished before viewing or paying, in the mean time, the guy who bought it had offered me full price, turned up and bought it. We had dropped the price because I was moving and didn't have a garage at the new place to keep it in.

The mileage must be wrong - from when my Dad MOTed it to when the man who bought it from me MOTed it, I drove it from Orkney to Swansea, which is further than that. I didn't actually check that the odo was turning properly, so it might be the problem, bit the speedo was very accurate (vs mobile phone GPS).
Pod
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Pod »

Very interesting. My vote goes with the speedo being faulty, as there’s little point in clocking a vehicle with such a high mileage. I’m wondering if it will reappear with a substantially different (reduced) reading some time in the future :-k

I took a look at 4-Star’s website and it states the car has been sold. I wonder what it fetched in the end?

As I was typing this, the “Three Degrees” song, “When will I see you again” was running through my head............ :wink: