New Seat Struts for e24 Manual Seats

Post in this forum for cars and/or parts for sale.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

jeffnhiscars

New Seat Struts for e24 Manual Seats

Post by jeffnhiscars »

I know some of you from when I offered some L6 parts here a while back (had to register again) or from the e30 world. I use the same name on r3v (about 4k posts), bimmerforums, mye28 etc etc so feel free to look me up.

I have been having gas seat struts made in Europe for some time and have sold 100's with great results. These are the exact same part for e24 (as well as e28) manual seats and I include new push nuts & priority post shipping with each order. I can only describe the quality by saying they are in my e30's and of all the ones I have sold, I have not had one defect or complaint that didnt involve someone taking vice grips to them :-)

The back struts are 350N, same as factory & the bottom struts are 450N which is just under the stock 500N but there is no discernible difference since they are designed to just lift the seat, not your ass :-)

I have stock for immediate shipment, take PayPal (fees included) and depending on when I receive payment they will either ship same day or at the latest, next business day.

2 sets to do both front seats (so 8 struts & 16 push nuts), to your door is $145 and I do offer support.

jeffnhiscars

Re: New Seat Struts for e24 Manual Seats

Post by jeffnhiscars »

Seems I'm too new to respond to PMs so please provide an alternate contact method if you have PM questions.

My apologies in advance for any inconvenience...although I admit it's refreshing to actually be too "young" to do something 8)

Seems this is resolved. PM away
dwcains

Post by dwcains »

I've committed to a set, and I'll take lots of pics during the install and post a new thread here as a DIY for future reference.
Dean
Lutz, FL

'85 635 CSi Euro #9402254
'87 Spider Veloce
'92 Spider Veloce
'08 350Z

jeffnhiscars

Post by jeffnhiscars »

I dont want to leave my Shark friends out of this. I have a shipment in the air that I wasnt expecting for some weeks so its time to pay it forward with an Inventory Blow Out Sale !!!

8 new struts to do both e24 manual seats are $129 incl US Priority Post and while supplies last. Most other countries are +$30 (subject to confirmation)
smtguy

Post by smtguy »

Please forgive my ignorance, but I never knew that the manual seats had struts in them? Please tell me where they are and how you know that they need to be replaced?
Thanks,
Scott
1983 Bronzit 633CSi 5 speed
2004 Audi TT Quattro 6 speed

Scott
dwcains

Post by dwcains »

For example, if you have the seat back reclined, when you pull up on the lever to have the back move into a more vertical position, it should move by itself. In mine, I need to lean forward, reach behind my head to grab the seat back with one hand, and pull it up while my other hand pulls up the lever. My seats have blown struts. Same for the height adjustment, but even with brand new struts, you need to lift your body weight partially to raise the seat. In the next few weeks I'll post DIY thread on this install on my '85 seats.
Dean
Lutz, FL

'85 635 CSi Euro #9402254
'87 Spider Veloce
'92 Spider Veloce
'08 350Z

smtguy

Post by smtguy »

OK, thanks Dean.
Scott
1983 Bronzit 633CSi 5 speed
2004 Audi TT Quattro 6 speed

Scott
jeffnhiscars

Post by jeffnhiscars »

Just an FYI that I have seat shocks on hand for anyone who is ready to revive their manual seats.

TIA