Fibreglass and carbon fibre panels in UK.

Post in this forum for cars and/or parts for sale.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

ron
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Fibreglass and carbon fibre panels in UK.

Post by ron »

They are ALWAYS rustier than you thought!!!!!!
'85 M #228
'87 M #367
'88 High line.
'10 X5
‘84 Alfasud 1.5 ti
AlexTheBeaner

Re: Fibreglass and carbon fibre panels in UK.

Post by AlexTheBeaner »

Da_Hose
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Da_Hose »

Ooooooohhhhhh ....... that front bumper/valance piece is realllllllll purrrrrrrrrrrrdy. 8)

Jose
1987 M6 - My dream car
nick88highline

Post by nick88highline »

Has anyone had any luck with this company? I've been trying to contact them for a couple of weeks now and there is nothing but an answer phone. No respone from my email either. Shame, as I really fancy those inner splash guards, even though they are more expensive than getting them from BMW.
Nick
BMW 635CSiA (1988)
BMW i3 (2016)
Jeep Grand Cherokee V8 (2000)
Morris Minor 1000 (1968)
Pod
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Pod »

I think the splash guards are an acceptable addition to an E24, purely because they are a small component, hidden from view and fulfill the purpose of doing a necessary job. However, I have never liked fibreglass pattern panels and have the same opinion of carbon fibre. The only possible reason they would be acceptable would be for the purposes of weight reduction in racing applications - but how many of us do that with our increasingly valuable cars?

No doubt some of us may have noted that the current eBay ad. for front wings states that they will need some fettling and are “oversized”. A total waste of money IMO, and having them fitted can surely only devalue a car :-k

Furthermore, if the vendor fails to respond to emails and doesn’t answer the ‘phone, surely that’s reason enough to steer well clear!

Just my 2c.
olympia57
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by olympia57 »

About 5 to 6 years ago I was considering a car that required front wings and contacted this company /vendor ( it certainly was the same photo of the wing that was being used in the ad at that time ) .
I asked if the shut lines :shock: were typical of what could be expected ,he replied that the wings were now fully fitted and painted on his M6 and they were indistinguishable from factory steel items .
I then asked him for some photos of the finished ,fitted ,painted wings on his car , He never replied.
I've fitted fibreglass wings onto a bolt on wing car and frankly I'd rather have my testicles squeezed in a vice ...

Re inner splash guards .
I have Lokari inner wing liners fitted and they cover the original wing guards .
The Lokari liners were circa £ 130 , give 100 % protection ,are not visible when looking at the car and are cheaper than the £180 guards this vendor is selling.
Unless you are seeking 100% originality then that really is the way to go.

I'm with Pod , race or track car parts or for the masochists among you .
1981 635 series 1
nyc6

Post by nyc6 »

contact them on ebay. they have other stuff posted on there