M635CSi#354 Now ready for viewing

Post in this forum for cars and/or parts for sale.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

johnn635

M635CSi#354 Now ready for viewing

Post by johnn635 »

I posted the question - restore or sell some 6 months ago. This was settled when dozens of people wanted a 'barn find' at bottom price so they could collect their 'winnings', including one person who wanted to turn up with a trailer and claimed there was £10K of work. In fact I spent just over £3k replacing wings, inner arch repair and a few cosmetic items. As Brucey says, you can always find something else to spend money on, but the car is now fully roadgoing, ready for its MOT next week ( the last one was 100 miles ago), where a brand new OEM BMW exhaust system will be fitted to replace the stainless one that has been on the car since 1993. Car sits on X5 style 16" wheels for road use but unblemished TRX wheels and TWO sets of new TRX tyres are included.

I am only the second owner, since it was registered to Milcars as a demonstrator for 6 months. I then had it in 1991 as a BMW approved used car. At 77000 miles it is scarcely run in. I have never track day'd it and all the keys and books are original, as is the radio, glovebox light. Only modification is the fitment of Pioneer speakers to the rear headrest covers.

It has not been advertised sine I am giving first refusal to a bigcoupe member. PM for details, or feel free to flame my expectations of £30k.
Soperman

Re: M635CSi#354 Now ready for viewing

Post by Soperman »

If your expectation for a nice example of an M635CSi with 77k is £30k, then I suspect you will have little difficulty in selling your car and I don't think there is any need to wish you luck with the sale.

Congratulations on making a shrewd decision at the beginning of the year. Media driven awareness of these cars, and subsequently their value, has undoubtedly increased in 2017.
E24 M635CSi
Pod
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Pod »

You must be mad thinking you can sell it for £30k.......

If I were you, I’d be looking for £40-45k next Spring 😉
johnn635

Post by johnn635 »

Are you my wife!!
Pod
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Pod »

Ha ha - but she’s obviously a very perceptive woman 😉