1981 633csi 5 speed for sale (SOLD)

Post in this forum for cars and/or parts for sale.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

AlexTheBeaner

1981 633csi 5 speed for sale (SOLD)

Post by AlexTheBeaner »

Hello everyone,

Sadly, it's time to let go of one of my 6s. To begin, it is a project car, but it's in a good start. The car is located near Fresno California. Reference, the car is located 15 minutes from Harris Ranch Inn & Restaurant on highway 5.

I will try to be completely honest and try to give as much detail as I can for whoever is interested make their trip worth it.

The car was parked in the 90's and the owner passed away and was given to a family member which he sold it to me. I picked it up in Sacramento and towed it back home. The purpose of the car was to have it as a project for my wife, but now we come to some family emergencies and we need to get rid of it as soon as possible. I have the original blue license plates too.

Mechanically:
The car comes with a new set of brake rotors and brake pads (they just need to be installed). The car runs rough, but runs. It has a water leak somewhere (never overheated though). Water hoses are probably too old so need to be replaced. We replaced the master cylinder and the brake booster. It will definitely need a complete tune up, the guy installed new spark plugs, but I assume they are old now. He also installed fuel lines and cleaned the tank, but I would drain it again and put new fresh fuel. Maybe that's why it runs rough? I'm assuming it might be the fuel regulator.

Cosmetically:
The front seats need upholstery. Rear seats are holding good. Paint is a 7/10. There's a little bit of cancer showing in the trunk by the key and the trunk's clear coat is peeled as well, but it's the only section in the car.
Tires are old and to be honest those wheels don't look good with the car. Lights do turn on, but I honestly don't remember anything about the cluster ones. There's a small dent in the nose of the car. And the exhaust is hanging and it's missing the tip. Door panels are in the trunk, beat up but they still there. Windows don't roll that well and it's hard to get the driver's door completely shut.

I have a bill of sale form previous owner, so I'm assuming you need to get it checked with a referee before even registering it. Many of the things that I listed can be done over the weekend, why haven't I done that? Tight on money and my wife lost interest in the car. I'd rather finish my 6 and keep my 3 series as a daily than have two e24s.

Anyone with the patience and sometime can make this a killer beater or a track car. Even for parts.

I won't part out with this car because I need the entire car gone. I also have some extra spare parts that I can throw at NO additional cost.

I drove 200 miles to get the car, it's definitely worth it.

Anyone interested you can always pm me or contact me to this email [email protected]. Best offer takes it.

Best,

Alex A
Last edited by AlexTheBeaner on Thu May 03, 2018 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlexTheBeaner

Re: 1981 633csi 5 speed for sale (California)

Post by AlexTheBeaner »

BUMP.

first $1,000 takes it home.
creame24

Post by creame24 »

Would you sell the 5spd?
AlexTheBeaner

Post by AlexTheBeaner »

creame24 wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:26 am Would you sell the 5spd?
Sorry, no part out. I have to get rid of the entire car. Unfortunately, I don't have the space to keep the car if not I would have. :(

Alex
brickwhite

Post by brickwhite »

Does it drive enough to get it on a Trailer??
- 12 535i
- 92 325ic
AlexTheBeaner

Post by AlexTheBeaner »

brickwhite wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:09 pm Does it drive enough to get it on a Trailer??

Sorry for responding so late. Yes, this past Thursday I ended up replacing the thermostat and bleeding the brakes. I'm guessing I didn't needed a new brake set just a bleed. The car runs like a champ! I'm sure with a tune up you can drive it around town.
AlexTheBeaner

Post by AlexTheBeaner »

brickwhite wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:09 pm Does it drive enough to get it on a Trailer??

Sorry for responding so late. Yes, this past Thursday I ended up replacing the thermostat and bleeding the brakes. I'm guessing I didn't needed a new brake set just a bleed. The car runs like a champ! I'm sure with a tune up you can drive it around town.
AlexTheBeaner

Re: 1981 633csi 5 speed for sale (California) UPDATE

Post by AlexTheBeaner »

BUMP

will start parting out the car if it doesn't sell. Pm for parts.

Willing to ship at buyers expensive. Engine and trans must be bought locally.
brickwhite

Post by brickwhite »

PM Sent!
- 12 535i
- 92 325ic