Fully refurbished and upgraded Calsonic Compressor

Post in this forum for cars and/or parts for sale.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

TBM

Fully refurbished and upgraded Calsonic Compressor

Post by TBM »

Hi All,

As some of you may have seen on my project pages I had my OEM compressor rebuilt including also upgrading the main bearing to ceramic bearing at a cost of $50 above the cost of the bearing. I also completely WPC'd the internals for far less friction and better sealing between all the interference parts. I am having the internals precision machined to specs as it wasn't when initially opened and inspected.
I am moving in another direction for the compressor and decided I would sell it.
I upgraded the bearing for the same reason as the WPC treatment..Less friction and far more longevity (4-5 times longer)

I am invested heavily in all the upgrades but realize that its only worth so much. $275 takes it Plus shipping
Compressor.jpg
Compressor.jpg (1.58 MiB) Viewed 27429 times
WPC compressor .jpeg
WPC compressor .jpeg (661.54 KiB) Viewed 27429 times
Vanes for AC.JPG
Vanes for AC.JPG (905.09 KiB) Viewed 27429 times
Last edited by TBM on Mon May 07, 2018 2:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
'84 M635csi
'86 Lotus esprit Turbo (sold)
sansouci
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Fully refurbished and upgraded Calsonic Compressor

Post by sansouci »

What's the PN of this and what was the vin of the donor? I'm looking to check applicability.
--Ken
Sansouci
84 E24 633Csi Auto, Bronzit/PearlBeige 6997510
93 E32 740il M60 Auto, Alpenweis/Ultramarine
60 528i M30 5-speed Green/Beige (crushed)
71 240Z 4-speed White/Blue (rusty & sold)
65 396 Chevelle 4-speed, Marina Blue/Black (stolen)
TBM

Post by TBM »

sansouci wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:49 am What's the PN of this and what was the vin of the donor? I'm looking to check applicability.
--Ken
realoem doesn't have the PN for this Calsonic. This came off of a '84 M635csi 1050510

This fits just as a wing cell would do in the same way.
'84 M635csi
JCS

Calsonic Compressor

Post by JCS »

Members,

This A/C compressor, does not have a warranty, by Me.
As of now this Calsonic , is frozen and will not spin.
Jay
'88 M6, Red/Tan
My NEW Website https://www.jaysbmwparts.com/
TBM

Post by TBM »

Dear All,

Jay, who was going to grind the housing of the A/C compressor to make the rotor spin, wasn't allowed by me to do so. When you take too much off the housing by mechanical grinding you will loose pressure and create bleed between the low and the high side. It is in a machine shop right now with proper clearance specs in hand and is guaranteed to work or a full refund will be issued by me.. All seals are new, and of course the bearing is upgraded as per my original post.

The pieces must have moved out of spec. We will NOT be grinding the housing... a much simpler more effective technique is being employed.. I will also post a video of the rotor freely spinning in the housing.

Thanks again
'84 M635csi
JCS

Post by JCS »

TBM wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:16 am Dear All,

That is true.. Jay, who was going to grind the housing of the A/C compressor to make the rotor spin, , and whom isn't a machinist... wasn't allowed by me to do so. When you take two much off the housing by mechanical grading you will loose pressure and create bleed between the low and the high side. It is in a machine shop right now with proper clearance specs in hand and is going to be guaranteed to work or a full refund will be issued by me.. All seals are new, and of course the bearing is upgraded as per my original post.

The pieces must have moved out of spec after the treatments were done. We will NOT be grinding the housing... a much simpler more effective technique is being employed.. I will also post a video of the rotor freely spinning in the housing.
Yes,
I was going to try and fix it, but when you cussed at me and has now threatened to destroy me and my Repair Business, I refunded his money and sent his compressor back.
And walked away, from this client, he is a nightmare!

This is a copy of a letter I sent to him Monday night

TBM,

For your information.

After I dissembled your A/C pump, and mailed to you the A/C compressors internal parts, to have work done to to those parts by your vendors.

My liability for your Compressor ended.

I am putting you on notice that if you defame me or my rebuild business any way, on any type of media, or the internet.

I can sue you for libel/slander.

Against you personally and your businesses

I will ask for one million in damages.

And if you try and sell this pump to some suspecting bimmer owner, while using my name as having rebuilt this compressor.

The above slander will apply.

As far as I am concerned there is no warranty by me on your Calsonic Compressor.

As the pump is frozen and will not spin.

That's what you get when you cuss and threaten someone!

Jay

That video of the impeller spinning in the housing is without the lid, end cap on, then you put the lid on and it does not TURN, its frozen, and he blames me for a bad compressor, I DID NOTHING WRONG.
Jay
'88 M6, Red/Tan
My NEW Website https://www.jaysbmwparts.com/
TBM

Post by TBM »

I will post a link to my Compressor spinning freely in the next day or so...

It has a buyer...

As I don't believe in spats on public forums I will leave the drama to others..
'84 M635csi
bpoliakoff
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bpoliakoff »

The forum is not meant to trash people. If you had/have a problem with Jay, it should have been handled between you off the forum. Trashing a well respected member in public is absolutely uncalled for. Jay has been around for a good amount of time as both a member and a provider. In the 10 years or so I have been on this forum, I don't believe I ever saw anyone treat a member in this manner nor complain about Jay's quality work.

On the other hand I, I have dealt with JBM and found him to be a very honorable person as well. I don't think trashing him and threatening law suits is suited here as well

Seems to me the whole thing should have been handled privately, But again, I know both of you as honorable guys. I guess sometimes temper can cloud good judgement
Last edited by bpoliakoff on Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
81 Euro 635 M90 with motronic. Currently under a complete nut and bolt restoration. Pictures at
flickr.com/photos/bertsphotos.
TBM

Post by TBM »

bpoliakoff wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:47 am The forum is not meant to trash people. If you had/have a problem with Jay, it should have been handled between you off the forum. Trashing a well respected member in public is absolutely uncalled for. Jay has been around for a good amount of time as both a member and a provider. In the 10 years or so I have been on this forum, I don't believe I ever saw anyone treat a member in this manner nor complain about Jay's quality work.

Maybe Bobbo will chime in
Please read the post above again.. Jay has tried to implicate me in trying to sell a bad compressor not I him..

This is the LAST I will remark on this ever again.. unless you understand what has transpired up until this point please be mindful...

The compressor is SOLD
'84 M635csi