FS: 1979 635CSi with D.O.M. Chromoly tubing roll cage

Post in this forum for cars and/or parts for sale.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Euro6S38

FS: 1979 635CSi with D.O.M. Chromoly tubing roll cage

Post by Euro6S38 »

First I will NOT part this car out please do not ask! This car has never been assembled it's 98% disassembled. I always wanted this platform as a track car but I can't seem to get the fire going again! I've owned this car for about 20 years which was only on the road for 1 month before starting disassembly and restoration. This car has been stored in my garage for those 20 years. I've done all of the steel work, except for the cage. The original drivetrain was sold minus the LSD. The sport seats were sold as well. I have some of the original dash components as well as the cracked dash. You wont be able to use dashboard unless you cut the roll cage out. Original trunk lid with rubber wing as well as euro bumpers with front euro spoiler all original to car is included. I also have additional hood and non euro trunk lid. Also a second early euro rear bumper. I do not have a decent amount of trim for this was to be a race car so it went by the waste side. Car currently sits on custom frames rolling on lockable caster wheels.

The car is a NON sunroof model, NY titled in my name with original import papers. A Con Edison executive owned and imported this car. My friend from work bought it from him and I from him. So probably 4 owners. It was originally Gun Metal Grey, painted Red then Silver. Paint is the least of your worries! On to the Goods!

There is ZERO rust in this car. I made various patch panels cutting out all the rust. Still some rear panels need work but the cutting is done. New patch panels need to be formed and fitted. The work that is done was extensive and done well.

The Roll cage in the car is a serious Tig welded chromoly 1.75" tubing 8+ point done to perfection. Built by C&F Race Car Fabrication of NY! It has a Tag with serial # as well as various tubes drilled for tube wall thickness inspection. Cage is very tight to the roof and outer shape of interior spaces. The rear subframe mount is tied into the rear section. Drivers side door bars are Nascar style for maximum protection which impede into the drivers door internals. the door is gutted to allow for this. While pass. side is an X style. Also a drive shaft loop is incorporated into the cage as is the tubing for the Sparco Race seats. The drivers seat back is hard mounted to the cage. C&F's work is incredible and has touched all forms of motorsport. Enough said on the cage.

Engine:(1987 M5 S38) has never been fully assembled since machining. I did install crank with #1 piston to check piston to valve clearance. Cylinders 2-6 were white paper towel clean and unlubed. I stored the engine for a year and the cylinders 2-6 rusted while in my garage. So I boxed up the brand new Wiseco pistons up and resold them knowing I would need to go to the next oversize. I never did get to that point of the build. The engine still sits as described above. I did ball hone the 2-6 cylinders to see what I was dealing with. I have the original 84mm crank as well as an 86mm crank. The cylinder head work was done by Metric Mechanic. I have All receipts for backing anything I state in this AD. A Schrick cam was Purchased I believe for the Intake. Valves are STD. New guides and Springs installed. Not sure on the rates. New cam sprockets timing chain and most of the chain guides were purchased. A new oil pump and chain and a complete engine gasket kit. So to complete this engine you would need to decide N/A or forced induction buy 2 sizes over STD. bore pistons have the block bored. Spin balance and assemble! Rods are original components that were lightened and polished then shot peened. They are fitted with ARP hardware. Head hardware is ARP studs. The individual throttle bodies are included as is the intake plenum. I also have Euro Header set(snake equal length 2 piece header NON air pipe) as well as the U.S. header. Brand new Aluminum Flywheel and Centerforce clutch. Obviously new bearings and such included.

Transmission is an overdrive unit untested.

Exhaust BNB Triflow exhaust. Twin pipe all the way through to rear muffler then twin tail pipes.

Suspension is Ground Control with Front camber plates. I believe the springs are H&R.
All suspension components are fitted with Poly.
The rear subframe mount are was repaired (they all Crack) and beefed up as well as tied into rear cage section.

Brakes are original and need to be gone through.

Rear diff is the original side loader which Metric Mechanic upgraded to 4:10 and increased the clutch capacity to 75%. Was never ran since upgraded.

I have two drive shafts a few new guibo's. Half shafts rebuilt with new cv joints and boots.

Engine management Is Simple Digital Systems EM2E with brand new injectors. I sent the unit back to them for some updates. It is the easiest platform to use with a push button controller and a separate knob for fuel gain. They can be found on the web and they are alive and well with some of the best information on fuel injection available on the net! I printed out every bit of information on this system so even if they disappeared I had the knowledge to install and understand the system. The crank balancer needs to be drilled and pinned with magnets for pick ups.

I have 2 sets of new wheels which are aftermarket new. 17". They were not expensive, 1 set are extra wide for track rubber. The other set was for the street.

Seats are Sparco with full head surround for driver and passenger. 6 point harnesses included.

Gauges are Autometer mounted in original cluster for test.

Other parts like radiator, Nardi under sized steering wheel odds n ends included. Come clean me out!

Car is a Solid start for a race car build! Most of your purchases are done! Media blast the car in, out and under. Buy pistons and have some light machine work done, build the M motor. Do some steel panel work, paint and assemble! I've got over 20 grand into this car for sure! $9,000 takes it not a penny less! Car is in Putnam Valley NY. Come look at car we will discuss possible delivery. I have an enclosed trailer, I will deliver for free up to 150 miles. Any questions or pictures needed feel free to ask. 845 260 3050 Text to set up phone call. Frank O'Brien
Attachments
20140424_115235.jpg
20140424_115235.jpg (406.6 KiB) Viewed 1582 times
20140424_115059.jpg
20140424_115059.jpg (219.41 KiB) Viewed 1582 times
20140424_115022.jpg
20140424_115022.jpg (269.8 KiB) Viewed 1582 times
20140424_115003.jpg
20140424_115003.jpg (404.28 KiB) Viewed 1582 times
Pod
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: FS: 1979 635CSi with D.O.M. Chromoly tubing roll cage

Post by Pod »

An interesting read. Such a shame you have been unable to complete the project. This will make one very interesting car once it’s completed!