1979 euro spec e24 635csi For Sale

Post in this forum for cars and/or parts for sale.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

1979euro

1979 euro spec e24 635csi For Sale

Post by 1979euro »

Hello all! First off, thank you for accepting me into this community. The internet is a wonderful place where you can find a community for just about every taste in cars.

I present for sale, my 1979 BMW 635csi Euro Spec In beautiful zypressengrun-metall (light green) colour.

I believe this to be a rather rare variant of the BMW 6er shark. It's an early euro model with very pretty, minimalistic chrome bumpers without fog lights. It also sports wipers and washers on all 4 of the headlights. All of the labels on the creature comforts inside, are in German, and the speedometer in kilometers. The interior is in great shape, as well as the exterior, for the age. It feels as if it were 5-10 years old instead of 39.. Drives like it too.

Here is what I know of the story on it: I acquired it from an impound auction in Burien WA. Someone parked it at a nearby Walgreens and never came back apparently, or claimed the poor girl. At the local tow yards, they auction the cars off after 60 days in accordance with state law if no one claims them. I am an avid car enthusiast, and frequent these "events" in search of the occasional gem that needs rescued from the potential hands of curbstones or dismantlers. Based on what I found in the car, it seems it was fairly recently sold by a Tacoma classic car dealership downtown. It also had a temporary plate dating back to 2016 in the rear window. It had a rather large vacuum leak from the idle air control valve hose, but I can't imagine the owner abandoning it over that.. I would love to know the full story, and I bet someone on here knows!

It needs a little bit of light reconditioning, but is very straight and 97% rust free. Runs and drives great, brand new fluids and tires. Currently registered as a collector vehicle under my name in Washington state.

Here is a list of the "cons"

-Turn signals don't work, although all other lights do

-Factory stereo and speakers were replaced with aftermarket at some point :(

-Original M90, 3.5 (white L) engine replaced by what appears to be a rebuilt M30b28 (2.8 inline six with lower comp ratio)

-The paint job is a respray, although a rather good one. When it was done is unknown.

-There is a rip in the driver seat bolster

-The clear plastic gauge bezel window has a small crack towards the bottom left.

-The windshield has a small crack from a chip towards the bottom left (original BMW windshield too)

-There is a very tiny amount of rust hiding under the paint inside the wheel arches. When I say small, I mean 4 or 5 "pea" sized bubbles and 1 or 2 smaller than a dime, but larger than a pea.

-The front valance is slightly bent (easily fixable) probably from lightly bumping a curb.

I think that's everything. She has 254,930 kilometers.

Link to google drive with many good pictures:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1r2lLNW ... sp=sharing

Asking price is $8,000 USD or best offer. I am going to put it on BaT, but want this community to have first crack at it.

I would be happy to provide more specific pictures of certain areas of interest, and answer any questions.

Thanks for looking.
Drew
hffvdbl

Re: 1979 euro spec e24 635csi For Sale

Post by hffvdbl »

It might just be me, but the link you posted only seems to have one pic and no way to get to the album.
1979euro

Post by 1979euro »

1979euro

Post by 1979euro »

panthercity

Post by panthercity »

Great color. good luck with the sale.
'85 635CSi Euro
GRNSHRK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by GRNSHRK »

Great color
Agreed, and I should know #-o

I'll be following this one, although I don't see much evidence that it is in fact a 635, slushbox (no dogleg manual tranny), no rubber ducky rear spoiler, etc. :-?

VIN does come up as 635 using realoem, but as we all know, they aren't always dead accurate :-({|=

Or, maybe 628's weren't even available in '79 :-k

Anyhoo, keeping an eye \:D/
:mrgreen:
Bobbo
1980 633 CSi Cypress Green/Pearl Beige
2017 X5 M Sport Xdrive 35i Carbon Black/Ivory White
2005 330 Ci ZHP Cabrio Imola Red/Bone/Black
1979euro

Post by 1979euro »

Price drop $6,800 obo
1979euro

Post by 1979euro »

GRNSHRK wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:54 pm
Great color
Agreed, and I should know #-o

I'll be following this one, although I don't see much evidence that it is in fact a 635, slushbox (no dogleg manual tranny), no rubber ducky rear spoiler, etc. :-?

VIN does come up as 635 using realoem, but as we all know, they aren't always dead accurate :-({|=

Or, maybe 628's weren't even available in '79 :-k

Anyhoo, keeping an eye \:D/
Yes, I believe that will be most people's objection.. I'm hoping my price reflects the lack of known history on it. A local BMW dealer ran the vin and said its a real 635. Another potential buyer that looked in person at my shop said it is a 635, but has had a 628 motor and automatic transmission installed from a 1985 car. I might just keep this thing and do a modern V8 conversion. It's a shame the S65 engine has such a weak bottom end, that engine would be perfection in this car.