Quickest M6 sale on Facebook

Post in this forum for cars and/or parts for sale.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

AlexTheBeaner

Quickest M6 sale on Facebook

Post by AlexTheBeaner »

Not sure how many people saw this on Facebook, but this morning (Wednesday, December 26th 2018) on facebook in the E24 page a guy posted a 1987 m6.

The car was in okay conditions, paint was faded and the interior needed some love. Needless to say is was an M6 with VIN included. The car was located somewhere in SoCal area. 5 speed with 132k original miles for $6,500.

5 minutes after being posted the seller realized what he had (many guys including myself were commenting "what a steal!") and bumped it to $9,500. Car sold within an hour to a guy on the east coast.... holidays do really make you go broke in the worst times. I'm only 3 hours away from the car's location. I would've left work to go pick it up if I had the money. I wish I snapped some screenshot to show the car but it's been taken off.

P.s Merry Late Christmas!
brickwhite

Re: Quickest M6 sale on Facebook

Post by brickwhite »

Meh...9500 been sitting for couple years.

- 12 535i
- 92 325ic
AlexTheBeaner

Post by AlexTheBeaner »

brickwhite wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:10 am Meh...9500 been sitting for couple years.

Definitely a fixer, but it was crazy to see how fast it went online.
Daddy shark

Post by Daddy shark »

Hey good morning everyone. I'm the guy who purchased the "quickest M6 sale on facebook" LOL! While it was a quick sale, it was a risky decision...and I am happy to report she's up and running like a champion after a deep slumber of at least 3-4 years. (California plate says '07)The motor was brought back to life slowly, being property heat cycled by Le Tran and has since received all new injectors/plugs/plug wires/fuel lines/FPR/both fuel pumps, throttle body adjustments/cap/rotor/gas tank out and full flush, etc. So far she's received $2,000 in parts and $3,500 in labor at Le Tran's 2002garagewerks shop in Ontario, about 30 minutes away from where the car was in Hacienda Heights. I'm hoping to be able to load the car up on a trailer to make her trans-America journey to Raleigh, NC where we'll continue to work on the car. It basically needs "just about everything" as any car would that has sat for an extended period of time. We'll continue to evaluate it and I have gotten several inquiries as to whether I would entertain offers on the car, which I would. Feel free to make me an offer that I can't say no to, otherwise the car is headed to the East Coast this Monday after the last weekend in January. It's absolutely super clean underneath, being a 2 owner AZ and then southern CA car it's entire life. Any questions regarding sale feel free to email me directly at [email protected]
AlexTheBeaner

Post by AlexTheBeaner »

Daddy shark wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:43 pm Hey good morning everyone. I'm the guy who purchased the "quickest M6 sale on facebook" LOL! While it was a quick sale, it was a risky decision...and I am happy to report she's up and running like a champion after a deep slumber of at least 3-4 years. (California plate says '07)The motor was brought back to life slowly, being property heat cycled by Le Tran and has since received all new injectors/plugs/plug wires/fuel lines/FPR/both fuel pumps, throttle body adjustments/cap/rotor/gas tank out and full flush, etc. So far she's received $2,000 in parts and $3,500 in labor at Le Tran's 2002garagewerks shop in Ontario, about 30 minutes away from where the car was in Hacienda Heights. I'm hoping to be able to load the car up on a trailer to make her trans-America journey to Raleigh, NC where we'll continue to work on the car. It basically needs "just about everything" as any car would that has sat for an extended period of time. We'll continue to evaluate it and I have gotten several inquiries as to whether I would entertain offers on the car, which I would. Feel free to make me an offer that I can't say no to, otherwise the car is headed to the East Coast this Monday after the last weekend in January. It's absolutely super clean underneath, being a 2 owner AZ and then southern CA car it's entire life. Any questions regarding sale feel free to email me directly at [email protected]
Congrats! I'm happy to know it's going on good hands. I'm located 3 hours north of where the car was located. If you ever need anything please let me know, I will be happy to help!