Yellow headlight film - FEELER

Post in this forum for cars and/or parts for sale.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

MisterFixit

Yellow headlight film - FEELER

Post by MisterFixit »

I have been getting requests off and on for yellow tint headlight film over the years, but the guys making the thick stuff I sell for headlight protection discontinued yellow due to quality issues.

Recently I got more requests so I looked for yellow again, and found some. Lamin-x sells a yellow tint - along with other colors for 'fashion statements' - I think it's a slightly deeper yellow, and is thinner so it should conform to domed lights quite easily.

Bottom line - if you have decent headlights you should have clear film for protection, and IF you like colors, then you could try the Lamin-x on top of (or under) the clear. I talked to the sales director at lamin-x and may be getting a small rake off, would like to see if there is interest in a group buy at a discount.

They sell it on their web site at $18-20 a pair for rounds, plus shipping, so maybe $26-28 for two lights. I plan to see about saving the shipping cost, if there is enough interest I can get a box of it and send it out First Class mail for way less postage.

I am still working on their programmer about getting the exact diameters cut for BMW lights, as I do with the XPel film. We'll see... They do sell some that are close, I would like to see if it's close enough that you can have good coverage and still get the trim rings on and off.

Anyone interested in a group buy should post here, or - better - PM / email me with details (size, color, number of lights) and your contact info. I'll start a list and keep everyone posted.

BTW- colors on their site include clear, yellow, blue, amber, green, pink, and light and dark grey (smoke) options. I recommend clear or yellow only, but will consider your request for other colors for off-road and show use only... they say a similar thing of course. Pink headlights - really? #-o

Andy
"Be Seen, and Not Hurt!"
Lighting Upgrades for 2002, E3, E12, E21, E23, E24, E28, E30, E32, E36, E39 - front & back
Headlight and Tail Light upgrades for maximum visibility. Headlight protection to keep lights intact.
panthercity

Re: Yellow headlight film - FEELER

Post by panthercity »

I'm currently using Lamin-x clear on both my headlights and fog lights. I used the yellow for awhile then switched to clear. Installation and removal was easy enough and I have not had any issues with them. Both of my headlights are flat faced which made it easier.
'85 635CSi Euro
MisterFixit

Post by MisterFixit »

panthercity wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:07 pm I'm currently using Lamin-x clear on both my headlights and fog lights. I used the yellow for awhile then switched to clear. Installation and removal was easy enough and I have not had any issues with them. Both of my headlights are flat faced which made it easier.
How deep yellow was the color, in your opinion?

When you switched to clear, was it for more light output, and was it noticeable?

PM me, I will mail you a piece of the clear I use for you to compare, and your feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!

Andy
"Be Seen, and Not Hurt!"
Lighting Upgrades for 2002, E3, E12, E21, E23, E24, E28, E30, E32, E36, E39 - front & back
Headlight and Tail Light upgrades for maximum visibility. Headlight protection to keep lights intact.
panthercity

Post by panthercity »

Here is what the yellow film looked like on both my Headlights and foglights.

I thought the color was fine... then I found a pair of yellow fog lights and didn't want a mismatch between the new fog lights and yellow tinted high beams.
'85 635CSi Euro