1986 635csi Project, Sydney, Australia

Post in this forum for cars and/or parts for sale.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Paul Humpage

1986 635csi Project, Sydney, Australia

Post by Paul Humpage »

After close to 15 years with my 6er it's time to let it go as I no longer have the time nor interest to drive it.

You will see I've listed it as a project for the important reason that it doesn't run. A month or so ago I took it out for a rare drive and hit an unseen speedbump with a bit of a thump. The car which was running perfectly up until then started to misfire after hitting the hump. I drove it home on what sounded like a missing cylinder, had a look at everything to see if it was a simple thing such as sensor coming adrift etc but could see nothing. When I tried to restart it it refused and has done ever since.

In the last year it had let me down twice, once with a busted alternator that I replaced and another time with dragging brakes that I paid a lot of money to fix with a new brake booster and brake master cylinder. This third time has made me realise how much I've lost interest with it and I'd rather not go down the route of fixing the problem and then having the car sit there in the driveway for ages not being used. As we all know, the best thing for our cars is to drive them often and I just don't anymore.

Those who have been around Big Coupe for a while will know the car and how much it was used. I never pussyfooted around and loved to drive hard and fast and the car always gave back a shedload of fun.

Servicing in the years I've had it has been done by Bee-Emms up at Asquith.

Colour is Agate Green. Wheels on it are TRX with 3 year old tyres. If you search TRX through the tyre and wheel forum you will find lots of posts by me extolling the use of these.

Interior is pretty good and original. There are cracks in the dash.

Air con works, brakes are great, car normally started first time and ran very smoothly and passed rego each year at a canter. Rego is up on the 5th of May.
I wondered if it was something simple like the ignition coil had broken so I put a new one in but that didn't help it to start so there's a new one of those.

Exterior isn't so good. Spots of rust in the driver side sill and front bottom of the door that I bodged up years ago in an amateur fashion that hasn't grown since but really needs some attention. Some rust around the off side rear light cluster that I also bodged up and needs work.

Mileage is close to 336,000 kms. Exhaust is Supersprint.

Probably lots of other things i could say but we can chat about that if you're interested.

I'm listing it cheap at $5,500 as it's not running. In the past few years whenever I've felt in the mood for a drive I've polished it up and taken it for a spirited run and have been on the cusp of spending $10,000 to get everything sorted properly on the body and interior which would give me a stonkingly good car but other things take priority. Time for someone keen to take it on.

The car will need towing or you are more than welcome to try and get it running in my driveway. It's sort of under cover but there's not a lot of room.

Again as I've waffled on. $5,500. PM me through the site first and I'll give you my details so we can have a chat. Location is Guildford West 2161 out Parramatta way.

A few photos as it is at the moment.

As it was in its prime

baders
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: 1986 635csi Project, Sydney, Australia

Post by baders »

Ahhhh sad news Paul. Always enjoyed your posts. I do understand about losing the drive to keep on with these things as it can be sooooo frustrating on occasions. Good luck with the sale mate, I hope you call in here sometimes <S>.
1986 635csi LOCUTUS / Arktis Blau Metallic / Pearl Beige / S38B36/ Close ratio dogleg 5sp
2002 E46 M3 / Topaz Blau Metallic / Black Nappa / 6 speed SMG software tuned / Bilstein PSS10 Coilovers / CMP RACP reinforcement
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Sold to a good home.
GRNSHRK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by GRNSHRK »

Good job Paul, did she go to a board member by any chance [-o<

If not, we hope that you forwarded this site to him/her :-"

Sorry to see you go :(
:mrgreen:
Bobbo
1980 633 CSi Cypress Green/Pearl Beige
2017 X5 M Sport Xdrive 35i Carbon Black/Ivory White
2005 330 Ci ZHP Cabrio Imola Red/Bone/Black
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

GRNSHRK wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:12 pm Good job Paul, did she go to a board member by any chance [-o<

If not, we hope that you forwarded this site to him/her :-"

Sorry to see you go :(
A forum member indeed. The only place I advertised it was here as I was hoping it would go to someone who knew it and would continue to enjoy the car.