1977 630CSi 4-Speed Manual Project For Sale (Oklahoma City, OK, USA)

Post in this forum for cars and/or parts for sale.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

guyatou

1977 630CSi 4-Speed Manual Project For Sale (Oklahoma City, OK, USA)

Post by guyatou »

I bought this project car several months ago for restoration. It is a strong running and driving car. Unfortunately the floor pans have more rust than I can fix on my own, so I'm offering the car for sale as a project or parts car. If you have the ability to do some body work and replace the floor pans, this is a great builder. It comes with a clean Oklahoma title.

Here's a walk-around and driving video I shot this morning:
https://youtu.be/e3EsuugLj8M

Here is an album of photos inside, outside and under the car:
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmCwLpG8

The car will come with 2 new ignition keys and a trunk key. The ignition is a little sticky -- you have to push in on the key to get the starter to engage. Once you hit the right spot, the car starts on the first key turn every time. The car drives nicely, and the brakes work - despite needing to have the brake hoses replaced (I bought replacements, but didn't install them. They will be included with the car).

The car shifts nicely through all 4 gears and reverse, and the clutch works as it should. The bolts that hold the sheet metal shifter platform to the car are loose, but it would be easy enough to tighten them up, then there wouldn't be any play in the linkage. (Those bolts are visible in the photo album.) I just replaced the hard-to-find original shift knob with a brand new one from BMW.

The red interior is in decent condition considering the car's age. The front seat bottoms will need to be replaced or repaired. I spent several weeks massaging leather conditioner into the seats to get the leather soft. It worked pretty well, but didn't get around to doing the driver seat. The interior color is the fairly rare veloursrot red, and because this is an early car, the back seats include rare adjustable headrests and rear pods.

The original Blaupunkt AM/FM/Tape deck is included, but not tested. The clock appears to work. I replaced the rear window motors but haven't tested them since installation (I think the rear relay needs to be replaced to make them work).

The glass is in good condition. The body has some rust spots but not too bad. The paint is a bad black respray. The original color is actually anthracite gray metallic, which looks amazing with the red interior. My plan was to go back with the original color.

The car sports the original TRX wheels and a set of older TRX tires that have held air for the entire time I've owned it.

The car will come with an additional hood, a spare tire and jack, and a few other parts if I come across them. There's also an original BMW shop manual in a binder, but it's in rough condition (it has been wet and some pages are stuck together). I will include it with the car as well.

This car will drive right onto your trailer and into your heart. I hope the next owner will restore it, but it would make a fantastic parts car if not. I am really bummed that I need to sell this classic. It turns a lot of heads and has gotten a lot of compliments -- even in its rough cosmetic shape.

My goal is just to get my money back out of the car, and move onto an easier project. I'm asking $1700 OBO. The car can be picked up near downtown Oklahoma City.

Don't hesitate to contact me with any questions.
guyatou

Re: 1977 630CSi 4-Speed Manual Project For Sale (Oklahoma City, OK, USA)

Post by guyatou »

Now $1500 OBO.

Not getting any bites from my first post, so here are a few photos of the car from the gallery above. The interior is quite nice. This car runs well and has a lot of potential.

It's currently listed on eBay since I wasn't getting much traction here. If you'd like to make an offer, let me know. This was my first 6-series, but hopefully not my last!

Image1977 BMW 630CSi by Michael Downes, on Flickr

-Michael
JLBach

Post by JLBach »

Love that black on red combination!
Slownrusty

Post by Slownrusty »

I hope someone saves it!
guyatou

Post by guyatou »

The car has sold at auction to a guy who I think plans to revive it. Thanks all!

-Michael