FS - 1983 628CSi Alpinweiss over Anthacite

Post in this forum for cars and/or parts for sale.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Corner Carver

FS - 1983 628CSi Alpinweiss over Anthacite

Post by Corner Carver »

Howdy Folks,

Helping a good friend with listing this. I'm quite acquainted with the car so I can vouch for it. I have known it since 2008 when the current owner acquired it. He has driven it daily since then and loves the car. He's only selling because he now has a big dog coming to work with him everyday. Big dog + 6er = no bueno. So the new daily is e39 touring.

This is also listed for sale over at mye28.com. http://www.mye28.com/viewtopic.php?f=14 ... 3#p1471063

Please direct questions at me and I will answer to the best of my knowledge, otherwise I can reach out the owner for additional details.If you have genuine interest in purchasing the vehicle then I will put you in touch with him and the two of you can coordinate time to view it.

1983 628CSi Alpinweiss, Anthacite interior, 2.8ltr M30B28 L-Jet, 5spd (G265-6)
VIN WBAEA7105C8150179, The build is too early I suspect, 5/82, to be able to pull build spec sheet since none of the VIN decoders return any info. I had the same issue with one of my first 6ers. Makes sense since it was also an early build, 7/82.

CA BAR Sticker
Passes Smog
Mileage - estimate around 350K+. Odo stopped working on the previous owners watch at 165K sometime in the mid nineties.

Motor is tired and smokes black when you go WOT up the freeway on-ramp but otherwise runs well. Needs a full go through with the usual stuff, and it should be %100. A spare M30B28 included in the sale. Handling is very tight, corners like it's on rails, transmission shifts tight and smooth. For some reason, both left and right door checks are missing. Working on sourcing these.

List of non-standard e24 upgrades:

BBS RS212 with 4 caps
Racing Dynamics Sway Bars (green)
H&R Springs
Bilstein Sports
e24 M6 front Brakes
e28 M5 quick ratio steering box
Stress bar
Aftermarket seats

The car was a daily driver and it reflects that. It's a prefect candidate for for a full restoration, body is straight and clean, no accidents, just small parking lot type dents. The tiniest spots of rust are starting to appear at the windshield gasket bottom, drivers side. Easily repaired. Still in very early stages. The only other spot is a dime size hole in the passenger bumper chrome. See pictures. Paint is half original but all together looks pretty good. Obvious blemishes are shown in pics. No record of when the paintwork was done.

View a walk around video here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU8CR8YUqQ8

$5800.00 OBO

gg
Last edited by Corner Carver on Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
84 728i Achatgrun, 84 745i Polaris, 85 323i Zinno, 85 M545is Alpinweiss, 86 535i Arctisblau, 87 535is Diamantschwarz, 88 528e Luxor, 98 Z3 Hellrot

The Matching Set
85 745i Bronzit, 86 325i TC Baur Bronzit, 86 524td(euro'd) Bronzit, 89 635CSi Bronzit
Slownrusty

Re: FS - 1983 628CSi Alpinweiss over Anthacite

Post by Slownrusty »

Neat car in good condition (nice patina), if not bites I suggest B-a-T
Corner Carver

Re: FS - 1983 628CSi Alpinweiss over Anthacite

Post by Corner Carver »

^^^

Thanks, that has been considered. To everyone else that reached out behind the scenes, your insight is appreciated.

Yes indeed, it is an unusual variant. I’ve only ever seen one other 628csi on this side of the pond. The little L-jet M30 is a great powerplant. There’s a reason these were so popular for so many years in Europe. The low displacement, high compression combo that the L-Jet 2.8 brings to the M30 family of engines was well worth the buck. Mated to a G265 with lightweight flywheel to a 3.45 rear end is good for the seat of the pants. And with the other upgraded accoutrements this car is as you would expect in the twisties.

Something also I'd like to mention; all intake rubber is brand new BMW parts. AFM to TB, CSV to air slide, air slide to intake boot, and intake boot to idle air adjust screw.

Dash covered with a cap that was brand new when installed. Actual dash board looks like most of them do these days.

The owner is motivated so make an offer; all he can say is no.

Last bumped by Corner Carver on Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:53 pm.
84 728i Achatgrun, 84 745i Polaris, 85 323i Zinno, 85 M545is Alpinweiss, 86 535i Arctisblau, 87 535is Diamantschwarz, 88 528e Luxor, 98 Z3 Hellrot

The Matching Set
85 745i Bronzit, 86 325i TC Baur Bronzit, 86 524td(euro'd) Bronzit, 89 635CSi Bronzit