He's hopeful!!

Post in this forum for cars and/or parts for sale.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

ron
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

He's hopeful!!

Post by ron »

They are ALWAYS rustier than you thought!!!!!!
'85 M #228
'87 M #367
'88 High line.
'10 X5
‘84 Alfasud 1.5 ti
olympia57
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: He's hopeful!!

Post by olympia57 »

Mmmmm...
My internal warning klaxon sounded when I read their add , rightly or wrongly.
The ad is to build a car to the spec desired which took me a paragraph to realise.
Their site is woeful , lots of what we say we can do but their current and past projects have scant info on how or what was done ,some vehicles having work done before they started , no down and dirty photos or before , during and after and no photos of the facililites where these magnificent vehicles are created.
To attract clients willing to part with a substantial deposit and staged outlay during and prior to completion I'd expect to see a little "more meat on the bone ".
And why oh why cover the registration of your demonstration model .
Now all this could be sheer conjecture on my behalf but that'my gut feeling.
Edit.
Just went through their E bay :roll: ad again no telephone number or address or even name. Press and shop details to come.....Dear oh dear :lol:
1981 635 series 1
Pod
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: He's hopeful!!

Post by Pod »

I guess everybody has to start somewhere......

If you do a little digging, you can find a registered address. The company was incorporated on 8th August 2019. One director, a Giles Richell.

There are a few "old projects" on the website.

So he has come up with the idea of making his hobby pay for itself. Good luck to him, but working on your own car is one thing - doing up one for a third party is quite another matter...............

I wish him all the best, but he does look rather expensive. Maybe he's been watching "Gas Monkey Garage" :wink: