JV's new '88 from Japan

Pics...we want PICS!!!

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

John Vadeika

JV's new '88 from Japan

Post by John Vadeika »

Here is my new 6 I imported from Japan from a buddy. I just sold the '86 I had to a buddy in Edmonton.

It was a little rough looking in Japan but with some TLC it will be looking and running great in no time.

JV
Attachments
How do you think it looks with the RD's on it.
How do you think it looks with the RD's on it.
UKDaveJ

Ah, so, a 6 from Japan!

Post by UKDaveJ »

Looking good JV! Superb. What is the colour exactly?
What jobs are you planning to do on it?
Dave :)
val_c

Post by val_c »

John, how is shark nose job? Any pictures of the process?
horsetan

Re: JV's new '88 from Japan

Post by horsetan »

John Vadeika wrote:Here is my new 6 I imported from Japan ...
Look carefully at JV's photo.

Cars for the Japanese market (where they are RHD like the UK, IRL, AUS, NZ, MY, SG, etc.) were - more often than not - LHD, reflecting the Japanese view that LHD was somehow more exclusive.
Rob 86 635

Post by Rob 86 635 »

Nice looking car. Mine is from Japan also and is an 86. If you have more luck than I in figuring out some of the unique characteristics of the Japanese spec car I would love to hear about it. My fuse layout is different than the US spec and the fuel lines run differently as well. Would love to sort out the exhaust also. All in good time.

Robert
horsetan

Post by horsetan »

Rob 86 635 wrote:...If you have more luck than I in figuring out some of the unique characteristics of the Japanese spec car I would love to hear about it. My fuse layout is different than the US spec and the fuel lines run differently as well...
They were a bit closer to Euro-spec
John Vadeika

Upcoming jobs and colour

Post by John Vadeika »

I don't know the exact colour but would appreciate any help in decifering how to go about finding out. (I assume I have to input the VIN into some kind of search process).

Upcoming jobs:
- upper and lower bushings from GRUNT (already ordered) as I have a shimmy under braking from 105km/h to 79 km/h

- new heater control valve...heater constantly hot!

- new thermostat...any suggestions...currently 75C should I go to 71C

- new rear pitman arms, new transmission mount bushings (sorry its auto)

- whole new suspension, as it is currently SLS with 2 leaking rear shocks but everything else works...any suggestions...I was going to go with bilsteins all the way around

- already fixed the passenger side headrest thanks to great tech article on this site

- already fixed the drivers side inner door handle pull thanks to tech article from this site

- already changed distributor, rotor, and redid the valves.

Regards,
JV