Been awhile! Some new pics of my E24...

Pics...we want PICS!!!

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

M635

Been awhile! Some new pics of my E24...

Post by M635 »

Well my Shark is almost complete, it's come along way but it's finally almost done! Only thing left for this restoration is swapping the 5-speed Getrag 265 tranny, and paint. (Unfortunately weather here in Canada is nasty, so waiting until spring time to get 'er in the paint booth!) The recent update done to the 6'er are the set of 17" BBS Style 5's which are in pristine shape.

Luckily we had a nice sunny weekend, and was able to sneak 'er out to snap some pics! Here are a few pictures of the 6'er in the midst of falls long shadows...

...few shots with my E30 325i

:D
bfons

Post by bfons »

:shock: :shock: :shock:

WOW!!!!
Brian

-----------------------
1984 Graphite M635 - Project Graphite - Sold
1985 Polaris M635 - Polaris - Sold
1987 L6 Black/Lotus White - My Queen has a new home
1980 633csi - Gone but not forgotten
msuffern

Post by msuffern »

Holy smokes, that's a hot 6er. Goodnight, nurse. :shock:

Too late for the calendar, but you could make a calendar from those images alone.

Love the chrome delete just around the headlight and taillight areas, but leaving it everywhere else. Drop dead sexy. The stance, the rims (w/exposed lugs--love it), even the angle of the exhaust tips--absolutely perfect.

Well done.

-Matt
Komet

Post by Komet »

Really nicely done. I like the one with the reflection of the red tree because it gives the car a nice deep burgundy color.
ozbmw

Post by ozbmw »

Love the pictures, very nice 6, wheels need centrecaps though.

Beautiful autumn colours...

(Here in the tropics the scenery and greenery look the same all year round,, ho hum !!!)
Matt @ Snowy Mountains of Australia
http://bigcoupe.com/members/ozbmw
sskang

Post by sskang »

First and foremost, beautiful autumn pics!

I was wondering whether this is an M or a straight 635.
The reason why is because I saw the rear M emblem which was placed slightly towards the center.
sskang
1987 M6 Alpinweiss
Tokyo, Japan

"Aller guten Dinge sind Sechs"
M635

Post by M635 »

Thanks fellers! I really appreciate the compliments! :D I was fortunate to snap these pictures, 2 weeks after these, ALL the leaves fell. It's so bare here now, a typical BC winter.

The car has come along way, and I'm really anxious to get 'er in the spray booth soon along with the new swapped tranny. Luckily it's a 0 rust 6'er, so things are rolling smoothly. Just a few things left on the list. I want to get the chrome trim re-chromed, and the M-Tech II steering wheel re-wrapped and the stitching done with the "M" colors.

...as for the "M" badge in the rear, when I imported the car out of Japan, it had it on. I plan on removing it and placing the original "635CSi" badge once I get the car painted. This car has and is spending most of it's time tucked away with storage insurance. I take it out probably twice or three times a month. :( Too many projects going on in my life haha. (One being that red E30 in the pictures. That was is now a fully restored E30. Bought it off first owner.)
Ka`imi

Post by Ka`imi »

msuffern wrote:Holy smokes, that's a hot 6er. Goodnight, nurse. :shock:

Too late for the calendar, but you could make a calendar from those images alone.

Love the chrome delete just around the headlight and taillight areas, but leaving it everywhere else. Drop dead sexy. The stance, the rims (w/exposed lugs--love it), even the angle of the exhaust tips--absolutely perfect.

Well done.

-Matt
Like the r. spoiler, too ...

btw, how does one delete the chrome as mentioned? Is it a specific part or just remove and paint?
Mr Lucky

Post by Mr Lucky »

Well done.

-Matt

btw, how does one delete the chrome as mentioned? Is it a specific part or just remove and paint?
Hey M635, you say thats an import from Japan? Do you know of the car's history before that? It is a left hooker and in Japan I believe they have right hand drive.

Is it an M635 or a straight 12 valve?

It looks perfect, stance, colour, everything. What are those wheels? They look superb and I am with Ka`imi on the partial chrome delete. It looks great. Might do that with Jaws.

Ka`imi that is a standard Highline rear spoiler by the look of it. I don't know if they were standard in the USA.

I love that car... :lol: 8)
Ka`imi

Post by Ka`imi »

Mr Lucky wrote:

Well done.

-Matt

Hey M635, you say thats an import from Japan? Do you know of the car's history before that? It is a left hooker and in Japan I believe they have right hand drive.

It looks perfect, stance, colour, everything. What are those wheels? They look superb and I am with Ka`imi on the partial chrome delete. It looks great. Might do that with Jaws.

Ka`imi that is a standard Highline rear spoiler by the look of it. I don't know if they were standard in the USA.

oh, I thought that was a m-technic rear spoiler. Thanks for clarifying. Yes, not sure it was offered in the US. The car-from the stance to the rugged look with the deleted center caps, crhome accents, etc, makes the car near perfect IMO.
Mr Lucky

Post by Mr Lucky »

I wonder if there is any difference between the M-Technic spoiler and a Highline one?

I remember years ago I bought a boot spoiler for my E28 525i. The spoiler was off an E28 M5. It had a ribbed edge to the spoiler rubber. The E24 M635 has, I believe, a ribbed edge to the front spoiler lip (as well as being deeper than a standard one) so I wonder if the M635 has that same ribbed rubber spoiler? My Highline is a smooth edge (I think)...
M635

Post by M635 »

Mr Lucky wrote:

Well done.

-Matt

No it's just a 635CSi, but with the M-technik body kit. (Fender flares, rear spoiler, and the front valence.) It's originally a left hand drive. Most older Euro cars are left hand drive in Japan. I believe around '92 they began manufacturing both left and right handed vehicles for Japan.
Last edited by M635 on Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
M635

Post by M635 »

Mr Lucky wrote:I wonder if there is any difference between the M-Technic spoiler and a Highline one?

I remember years ago I bought a boot spoiler for my E28 525i. The spoiler was off an E28 M5. It had a ribbed edge to the spoiler rubber. The E24 M635 has, I believe, a ribbed edge to the front spoiler lip (as well as being deeper than a standard one) so I wonder if the M635 has that same ribbed rubber spoiler? My Highline is a smooth edge (I think)...
My rear spoiler is ribbed, not smooth. I used to have a '89 Highline that I pulled out of California. It sure was a great car. The rear spoiler was smooth.
Mr Lucky

Post by Mr Lucky »

Oooh! Then I believe that you have an M-Tech one! 8)
Hard to tell from the pics but the M-Tech and the Highline one seem to be very similar in dimensions.

What kind of wheels are they M635? The are superb...
Mr Lucky

Post by Mr Lucky »

And about that partial dechrome. Any info would be appreciated...
M635

Post by M635 »

The only thing that differentiates the Highline spoiler and M-tech, is just the rubber spoiler. The shapes are identical, but one is finned, and the other smooth.

I intsalled 17"x8" BBS Style 5's. They can be located on the E39 5-series. I was actually fortunate enough to buy these off a fellow with an E34. The offset of the E34 Style 5's does not need spacers. However, spacers are needed with the E39 offset.

Not only do I have this set for the 6'er, I also have a set of 18"x8" (front) and 18"x9" (rear) Racing Dynamics RGR rims. They're sitting in my garage waiting to be reconditioned.

...as for the blacking-out, or "shadowlining" as most would call it, is a super easy process. First thing you do is purchase a can or two of flat (matte) black paint. Obviously you must remove the front grills, and tail-lights. Before you apply, make sure you scuff the chrome (to remove any oil, grease or whatever else that can ruin a paint job). After that, brush off the scuffed material...

To get the best quality, heat up the part and paint. After that, spray your first coat of matte black, let it dry, and proceed to your second. Two coats should be good, but to get best results, three is prefered. Make sure you do not spray clear coat. If you do, the color would be glossy, which a majority would say completely goes against the "shadowline."

There you have it, that's all it takes to shadowline your 6'er!
Mr Lucky

Post by Mr Lucky »

Thanks! Great advice and I reckon Jaws would suit the part Shadowline look. Really appreciate your advice on the painting... 8)
ron
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Shadowline

Post by ron »

You really need to etch-prime the parts before paint otherwise the black

will flake off. Here's a list of items to paint.

FYI the paint should be satin black NOT matt black.

viewtopic.php?t=4346&highlight=shadowline
Last edited by ron on Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
They are ALWAYS rustier than you thought!!!!!!
'85 M #228
'87 M #367
'88 High line.
'10 X5
‘84 Alfasud 1.5 ti
ron
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by ron »

M635 wrote:
No it's just a 635CSi, but with the M-technik body kit. (Fender flares, rear spoiler, and the front valence.)
The M-tech body kit consists of side skirts and rear skirt. The fender flares

rear spoiler and front skirt were standard fit on later UK cars.

Rear skirt.

Side skirts.

They are ALWAYS rustier than you thought!!!!!!
'85 M #228
'87 M #367
'88 High line.
'10 X5
‘84 Alfasud 1.5 ti
Rocco635csi

Post by Rocco635csi »

Amazing looking 6er! The wheels really the set car apart..
e30polak

Post by e30polak »

=D> Very well played sir!

One of the hottest sharks that I've seen!!! DO WANT!!! =P~
mpowertech

Post by mpowertech »

Ok.......So the bar just crept up a little higher. Gorgeous pictures. Love the wheels. What kind are they? And the chrome delete write would be great!
Unloved Chassis

Re: The OP, Greg "the Gypsy" Markarian, Grog, etc.

Post by Unloved Chassis »

Hello fellow BMW enthusiasts, I come in the name of education and justice. I am not "raiding" this board, in fact, I love the e24. But thats another story, and this post isn't about what I like. For example, we all may not agree that the e36 is an amazing, charismatic chassis, but we can ALL agree that we hate cheaters, scammers and unloyal community members. That, my BigCoupe members, is what this is about; we all like having a good group of regulars, who have only the best intentions for their fellow members.

This is a post, rather, an enlightenment about Greg Markarian, the original poster. I hope that like our local Canadian board, you will shun him out like we have, and refuse to deal or talk to him after reading such debauchery. Maybe he will finally learn from his ways.

You may need to sign up but it is worth the read. If someone would like to copy and paste that would be much appreciated, that way I know atleast one BigCoupe member has made an effort to educate themselves and make my single post that more credible. I will be back to answer any questions.

http://www.bcbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=999

Oh, and Greg, you've been BS'ing about that 5 speed swap for years!! You even claimed that you think the auto is faster than any 5 speed hahahahahah!!!!!
mpowertech

Post by mpowertech »

I signed up to get see what this link unlovedchassis posted was all about. Not sure how to access the text battle. Maybe someone else can. Not interested in forum wars. Not my bag baby.

-Can't we just all get along?
RK(Currently doing 5 to 10 upstate :lol: )
e24trapt

Re: The OP, Greg "the Gypsy" Markarian, Grog, etc.

Post by e24trapt »

Unloved Chassis wrote:Hello fellow BMW enthusiasts, I come in the name of education and justice. I am not "raiding" this board, in fact, I love the e24. But thats another story, and this post isn't about what I like. For example, we all may not agree that the e36 is an amazing, charismatic chassis, but we can ALL agree that we hate cheaters, scammers and unloyal community members. That, my BigCoupe members, is what this is about; we all like having a good group of regulars, who have only the best intentions for their fellow members.

This is a post, rather, an enlightenment about Greg Markarian, the original poster. I hope that like our local Canadian board, you will shun him out like we have, and refuse to deal or talk to him after reading such debauchery. Maybe he will finally learn from his ways.

You may need to sign up but it is worth the read. If someone would like to copy and paste that would be much appreciated, that way I know atleast one BigCoupe member has made an effort to educate themselves and make my single post that more credible. I will be back to answer any questions.

http://www.bcbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=999

Oh, and Greg, you've been BS'ing about that 5 speed swap for years!! You even claimed that you think the auto is faster than any 5 speed hahahahahah!!!!!
I will vouch on this one.

Oh and Greg, not only would my 6er eat yours alive but it would also destroy your car even if you had all of my mods with your autotragic....automatics are much slower even on highway.

Back on topic, for anyone who is curious and would like to learn about Mr. Markarian, please do log onto our www.bcbimmers.com site and read. It is a great community of bmw enthusiasts with a great sense of humour. =D
2002 Cadillac DTS Vogue 32v V8 (Daily)

1983 BMW 633csi N/A Beast (sold)
Cali 1988 BMW 635csi Resto (in progress)
Cali 1989 BMW 635csi high comp tuned zinnabar 5 speed (keeper)