Hey guys new on this forum, pics of ma car?

Pics...we want PICS!!!

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Webblybear

Hey guys new on this forum, pics of ma car?

Post by Webblybear »

The blue six is me, the rusty 5 belongs to a good friend who also did the photos.

raffi91

Post by raffi91 »

Glade to see you made it over here from stanceworks. Theres a ton of good info on here as well as a bunch of knowledgeable members. Welcome and lookin good.
Stoffie

Post by Stoffie »

Nice job, but not really my style.

The front looks really mad with the black turnsignal covers, and the overal stance is quite a bit too low for my taste.

But good job on trying something different, and as a tip, I think it would look a lot cleaner with euro bumpers 8)
The M88/3 was all about power, no cats. At idle the raw fuel from the exhaust will make your eyes water like an old V-8 powered muscle car's exhaust did.
cleeves

Post by cleeves »

what happened to the 5 series? was it sitting outside in alaska for 20 years? it's in very horrible condition but the wheels make it kind of cool in a way. how's the interior? how does it run?
Webblybear

Post by Webblybear »

Im not going to argue taste, but heres the story on the 5

The car got a shrick cam, cai, rusted hood similar to the euro vw trend

Car got totaled instead of the scrap yard all the paint got scrubbed off

I suggested nasty bare metal finish similar to vintage military planes

gets looks everywhere, chicks think driver is hard ass

car can do 100 from texas to tennessee and asks for more

Theres alot of drama on another forum about this car and its kind of enfuriating that people wouldnt rather see this car done up in a vintage aircraft style instead of becoming a cube of crushed steel.
e24trapt

Post by e24trapt »

i love them
2002 Cadillac DTS Vogue 32v V8 (Daily)

1983 BMW 633csi N/A Beast (sold)
Cali 1988 BMW 635csi Resto (in progress)
Cali 1989 BMW 635csi high comp tuned zinnabar 5 speed (keeper)
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

I thought rat rods were an American, not euro trend?

Surely you understand why puriests don't like it?
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

Not my sort of daily driver but I genuinely appreciate the work that's gone in to what you've done. A shiny, pristine E28 is one thing, but I think the creativity of what you've put together and that industrial look is pretty impressive.

I like the 6er too. Slightly, only slightly, too dropped for my liking, but I think the styling & colour combinations work really well.

-Ellis.
Da_Hose
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Da_Hose »

The 6er looks pretty clean. I don't so much mind the dark signals, but it's too low for me. It just looks off balance. Maybe different wheels would balance the look.

I think I see where you're going with the "rat rod" 5er. If you were to leave the sides rusted out, but paint the hood and trunk like the roof, it would be more interesting. I think a Euro rear bumper would be nice too. Ooooh! Chrome bumpers/door handles and painted hood/roof/trunk would be really interesting. Once that was done, I would re-evaluate to see if the WWII tiger shark paint works better. I think it would.

I agree that if the car was totalled, what you have is better than scrapping or trying to completely rebuild at major premium.

Jose
1987 M6 - My dream car
World-Class6

Post by World-Class6 »

I got the overall picture (art work) on the E28 from the moment I saw the pics...looks like a poster child ready to take some shots!

Perhaps the 6er would look a bit sharper with a different set of wheels to give it more presence.
Webblybear

Post by Webblybear »

Thanks for the coments guys, I literally havnt really changed anything on the six from when I got it except for the suspension (which I agree is too low in the rear.

And I dont so much mind purists, cant say they dont get to me eventually though. I have a full build on the six planned hopefully beginning in the near future which I know I will get much hate for but in reality it will most likely be a top 5 sixer. Stay tuned ;)

As for the 5 dont think rat rod, think aircraft. Stripped down, bare bones, necessities only, maybe eventually we might tackle the interior.
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

Sorry mate, my comment about the purists was about the E28, not your car.

As for your car, I think it looks good. I'm with Ellis in that it's probably a tad low for my liking, but that's probably because I tend to look at the practical aspect and I could never drive a car that low on streets where I live, nor get it into my below ground carpark.
BacknBlack

Post by BacknBlack »

Where is this look originating from.... I get the rat rod thing, but I don't think that where its coming from.
I'm seeing guys set up sarari racks w/offroad and all on the roof's of sedans, it's nutz I tell you.
But I think I like it, rust and all.... saves on the waxing.

I agree.... not the classic's, please NO! Has to be a certain candidate!

What's the up keep on the rusted surfaces, do you have to control it or what?

That saloon looks mental...Why not go all the way and rig a winch/offraod bumpers, just to fill those voids of the old bumpers!