New member and A/C hassles

Pics...we want PICS!!!

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

SWAUS6

New member and A/C hassles

Post by SWAUS6 »

Great forum. Been a member for a while now and thought it about time I said hello and posted some in-mages of my six.
Its a 1987 Australian compliance manual 635CSI, delivered new in Adelaide. It came over to Perth in 1989, and I bought it about a year ago. It had TRX wheels which I replaced with the black centred one piece 17 x 8.5 ACS from Wolf at wokke.de (who I can highly recommend - excellent wheels and quite wonderful service), tyres are 225/45 front and 255/40 rear. Its a great car: beautiful, in great condition and goes like the wind. Although it does have idiosyncrasies - like the A/C, a vital requirement in long hot summered Perth Western Australia! Blower now operates on full all the time and isn't very strong - lots of fan noise, not much air force. I've seen some useful info on the 'interior' forum and any other tips on how to fix the blower and improve air flow would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Attachments
NM 635 ACS 1.jpg
NM 635 ACS 1.jpg (206.71 KiB) Viewed 3555 times
635 CSi 3.jpg
635 CSi 3.jpg (193.7 KiB) Viewed 3555 times
Chris Wright

Post by Chris Wright »

On your car (after 9/85) the center slider (fresh air door) is supposed to automatically close when the A/C is on. if it doesn't close, A/C is lost through this open door. More info with a diagram:
viewtopic.php?t=4805

Use this check list to see if everything is working correctly:
viewtopic.php?t=6990

P.S. do you have the posting with all of the links to the ETM and free workshop manuals downloads?
eko1

Post by eko1 »

nice car...looks sharp. i love white sixes.
SWAUS6

Post by SWAUS6 »

Thanks Chris, some great info there! Also found the posting re the ETM and manuals downloads - excellent. Will follow all that and check the blower and vent system.

Have to agree with eko 1, white six with the black schnitzers does look pretty sharp.

Cheers [/img][/quote]
Chris Wright

Post by Chris Wright »

Let us know what you find. 8)