completed bay!

Pics...we want PICS!!!

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

GazM3

Post by GazM3 »

Abit belated but 270rwhp is pretty good outcome especially if on 91Mon gas which is equiverlant to our 95ron. The m30's once waked up with individual throttles and some comp make sensational power. It's similar power numbers at the wheels that the s38b38 makes which is rated conservatively at 340bhp at te flywheel. Do you have an idea in the cam spec and also what rpm cut to you use?

I like te neat way you installed the wasted spark setup. I'm looking at options for my upcoming build making it look OEM+ (trying to anyway).

I still think that if you made up some nice heat shield separating the hot engine bay air from the intake it would pick up power on the road and in te gold foil theme. It would look sexy as well.

Also noticed the AC dryer/receiver is right next to the exhaust headers. I'm guessing the AC doesn't get used much.

Thanks again for sharing the build. The engine bay looks sensational.
BMW’s
84 E24 M635csi
90 E34 M5 3.6
94 E34 540i/6 SC E85
97 E36 M3 euro SC U/C
97 Z3 2.8 widebody

OTHERS
11 Audi S5 3.0 SC
19 VW Amarok V6
Carlp336

Post by Carlp336 »

GazM3 wrote:Abit belated but 270rwhp is pretty good outcome especially if on 91Mon gas which is equiverlant to our 95ron. The m30's once waked up with individual throttles and some comp make sensational power. It's similar power numbers at the wheels that the s38b38 makes which is rated conservatively at 340bhp at te flywheel. Do you have an idea in the cam spec and also what rpm cut to you use?

I like te neat way you installed the wasted spark setup. I'm looking at options for my upcoming build making it look OEM+ (trying to anyway).

I still think that if you made up some nice heat shield separating the hot engine bay air from the intake it would pick up power on the road and in te gold foil theme. It would look sexy as well.

Also noticed the AC dryer/receiver is right next to the exhaust headers. I'm guessing the AC doesn't get used much.

Thanks again for sharing the build. The engine bay looks sensational.

thanks gaz!! i wasnt sure anyone noticed the video.

overall im pleased with 270rwhp here we have just reg old pump gas.. 93 with ethanol. my target was to clear 250 and 300 was a goal. i think the 300 is doable. your right i had some heat soak on all the later pulls after tuned. once cool the numbers would go back up..

also the harmonics on the trumpets with length i have gave me some reverberations up top seen in the map.. im certain with longer runners, no filter elements and some sort of heat protection ill make a fair amount more but i wanted a real world number that was true to my drivable setup..

it hit and held max tq at 2100rpm all the way thru.

with a 20% driveline loss thats a net of 338hp at crank. 318hp is 15% is used.
.1977 H&B 630CSI - http://www.sidedraftsix.com.
m6dave

Post by m6dave »

I love the drive belt guard on the dyno cooling fan, not quite meeting the safeguarding of machinery requirements here in Oz!

Impressive numbers though.
Carlp336

Post by Carlp336 »

m6dave wrote:I love the drive belt guard on the dyno cooling fan, not quite meeting the safeguarding of machinery requirements here in Oz!

Impressive numbers though.

forget the fan. i was really uneasy when people walked around the roller.
.1977 H&B 630CSI - http://www.sidedraftsix.com.
thefreak

Post by thefreak »

I'm really digging the build so far. The cocomats actually look good as well.