My 1989 Sixer

Pics...we want PICS!!!

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Sharknose

My 1989 Sixer

Post by Sharknose »

If you have 5 minutes to spare, check out my short video on you tube.

I purchased this one owner '89 sixer from PA. It is completely functional, except for the Cruise Control. This is most likely due to the replacement of the cluster and wasn't connected again. I'll fix that as soon as it starts annoying me.

Based on the car lot sales guy rumors the odo should be around 200K now, cluster was exchanged at roughly 190K and currently showing just below 10K. The engine is original.

Since I will drive this car just for fun, keeping it original is not my intent. If I find anything that enhances the driving confort (such as a modern large screen Radio/DVD Combo), I'll install it.

Perhaps the video doesn't show it, but the original black paint was fainted and chipped in a lot of places. Black is not my favorite color, so a nice smoke gray replaced it.
Fortunately during the paint job preparations absolutely no rust was found, zip, zilch, Nada, nix! The body is as rock solid as can be!

Well, hope the link below works:

http://youtu.be/dHt_HlKW0GA

Please comment and "like" if you feel like it :lol:
Sharknose
1989 BMW 635CSi - Metallic Smoke Gray - my Lupita

"If it weren't for the last minute, nothing would get done!"
Blanealexander

Post by Blanealexander »

not huge on the stickers and the spoiler, but that car looks great! id be super proud of it!
Sharknose

Post by Sharknose »

Well, the stickers are easy to remove at any time w/o any residues.
All the factory rear spoilers are not to my liking and an extra break light in Mexico is highly recommended :wink:
Sharknose

orlando

Post by orlando »

Car looks great man, well done. Now go and enjoy it!!
aussie_bronzit
1985 M635CSI Right Hand Drive
M88 engine not S38
madman

Post by madman »

Now that's a nice color =D> however I would also consider other rims.
635 CSI Black 1989
New paint
New leather seats
BBS RS 285 18" Rims
slofut

Post by slofut »

Hey,
Very nice video! So Dude painted the whole car with no respirator? [-X That'll come back to get him when he's older... The stickers are no worse than a couple of the factory ideas like Alpina and JPS. I'm on the fence with the spoiler, but you have a really nice car, good job! Does it have a leather covered dash? Or is it black vinyl, and is it cracked yet?
'87 635csi, 5sp man, dk blu on pearl beige
'88 635csi, auto, black on grey
'63 BMW Isetta
'75 XJ6C, 2dr, warm 350
'86 XJ6, th700r4
'75TR6
'64 Olds 88 conv
"68 T120 Bonneville
Sharknose

Post by Sharknose »

Hey Slofut,
yep, the dude did the entire car w/o any protection at all. I told him to wear some kind of mask, but he wouldn't listening - it's too hot and disturbs visibility as well as limiting his ability to move quickly. Well, at the end of the day that is his problem - he did a great job though.

The dash is the normal black vinyl "crap" which shows a couple of cracks in the common areas - not too bad right now and since I don't see them from the driver seat I can live with it.
This cracking is pretty much unavoidable down here in the strong southern sun, even if you cover it up protecting it against direct sun light or armoral it all the time. While you're driving around, the sun will get you anyway, UV rays are a "bitch"!

The stickers are made of vinyl and are easily removed (also dirt cheap, about $3.00 each). Once I get tired of them, they are gone...until then, I like 'em \:D/

Cheers...
Sharknose

slofut

Post by slofut »

Sharknose wrote:Hey Slofut,
yep, the dude did the entire car w/o any protection at all. I told him to wear some kind of mask, but he wouldn't listening - it's too hot and disturbs visibility as well as limiting his ability to move quickly. Well, at the end of the day that is his problem - he did a great job though.

The dash is the normal black vinyl "crap" which shows a couple of cracks in the common areas - not too bad right now and since I don't see them from the driver seat I can live with it.
This cracking is pretty much unavoidable down here in the strong southern sun, even if you cover it up protecting it against direct sun light or armoral it all the time. While you're driving around, the sun will get you anyway, UV rays are a "bitch"!

The stickers are made of vinyl and are easily removed (also dirt cheap, about $3.00 each). Once I get tired of them, they are gone...until then, I like 'em \:D/

Cheers...
Where did you get the stickers, are they your own creation? I don't think I've seen them before.
'87 635csi, 5sp man, dk blu on pearl beige
'88 635csi, auto, black on grey
'63 BMW Isetta
'75 XJ6C, 2dr, warm 350
'86 XJ6, th700r4
'75TR6
'64 Olds 88 conv
"68 T120 Bonneville
Sharknose

Post by Sharknose »

I found the sticker on the web quite some time ago and here at a local store they reproduced them for me. Not sure who designed it (couldn't find any copy rights - lol), but it looks kind of cool IMHO. 8) 8)
Attachments
BMW Sharks.jpg
BMW Sharks.jpg (11.96 KiB) Viewed 9412 times
Sharknose

bobby2putt

Post by bobby2putt »

That badge to the left of your license plate is from Ottos BMW in West Chester, Pa. Not far from where I live. Guess that's where it was originally purchased.

Nice job. Enjoy.

Bob B
Bob B
'87 M6
'96 993
'08 E63
Hefeweizen

Post by Hefeweizen »

Great job on the car and the video! Loved it!
Rainer
03 330Xi (DD)
85 635CSi (RIP 3 May 19)
80 633CSi (Red Euro, Project)

"If you think a good European mechanic is expensive, try a bad one!"
Sharknose

Post by Sharknose »

Ottos BMW in West Chester, Pa.? You're most likely correct here since I found the car on a small lot near Carlisle, PA. Based on the comments of the Sales guy and the internet ad, the car had only one owner. Would be interesting to find out more about its roots :-k
Sharknose