Video games have come a long way.

Pics...we want PICS!!!

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Soperman

Video games have come a long way.

Post by Soperman »

This is a slideshow grabbed from the video game "Forza Motorsport 6", featuring an M635CSi in pretty impressive detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRvjpKnYLwk

I think its great younger generation get the opportunity to configure, appreciate the aesthetics of, and "drive" older stuff like our cars.

I might have to, ahem, ask my kids if they want an X-Box for Christmas.
E24 M635CSi
baders
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by baders »

Nice. I used to be a developer for the WWII combat flight simulation Targetware/Target Rabaul, and can appreciate the effort required to get a model like that in game.

That video illustrates it, but I never get tired of the E24 shape. That's why I have another one after 25 years between ownership :)
1986 635csi LOCUTUS / Arktis Blau Metallic / Pearl Beige / S38B36/ Close ratio dogleg 5sp
2002 E46 M3 / Topaz Blau Metallic / Black Nappa / 6 speed SMG software tuned / Bilstein PSS10 Coilovers / CMP RACP reinforcement
7thtolast

Post by 7thtolast »

Thats amazing.....i have forza 3 and 4 and then got very involved with the Formula 1 games!
I thought it was already good with the modifying and customization of the cars on 3 and 4.....but in that video in one shot it actually shows the orange peel on the paint finish, that is just taking it to another level!
1988 Black BMW M6...7th to the last North American M6 built.
One of six with the black Nappa leather interior.
wattsmonkey
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by wattsmonkey »

Forza 2 is still my favourite driving game: the subsequent games looked better, but felt less like a driving experience.

Now I only ever play the Der Reise zombies map, which is even further removed from the driving experience!
"Most of it necessary; all of it enjoyable." LJKS
'84 635CSi, dogleg...itbs and supercharger????? Eaton Mess