Surprise Pic on amazon

Pics...we want PICS!!!

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

JoelR

Surprise Pic on amazon

Post by JoelR »

So I am shopping on amazon in the Automotive department, and I click the link to go to "Your Garage", and it comes up with a stock picture of an R53 Mini Cooper S, since I was shopping those parts. So I change to my 83 E24, and a photo of MY 633CSi is amazon's representative picture! The photo is from an ad that was placed online when the PO had it on consignment in 2013 before I came across it later. I checked to see what they had for a few other years, and the 84 is awful (looks like it was in a bad accident), while the 82 and 85 are very nice looking.

Just one of those crazy things that happens sometimes!

BTW - I also stumbled across my car on a "German Cars for Sale Blog" website that was doing a $10K Black Friday comparison (2 black German cars) on the 633 and a 944 (the BMW won, of course). The photos and information had been pulled from that same consignment ad that amazon grabbed. LInk: http://germancarsforsaleblog.com/10k-bl ... mw-633csi/ In case you haven't seen this site before, they have some interesting articles on our sharks, among a multitude of other German cars.
1983 633CSi 5-speed Black & Tan
2008 X5 4.8i
2004 MINI Cooper S 6-speed
2001 Z3 3.0i 5-speed
DFW Texas